MGUK

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Powertrain Update

Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Number of posts : 3322
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Powertrain Update Empty Powertrain Update

Post by Windy Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:29 pm

Powertrain Enrichment

R & D in the core of power, Shanghai Automotive Powertrain R & D capability is more mature, engine and transmission related products has also been enriched.

Shanghai Automotive has developed a 1.3L to 2.5L, a total of 5 engines. Which is about all-2.0L-2.4L turbocharged direct-injection technology, the project partners for the German FEV Engine Company, FEV Engine concept is based on the main stage, post-design stage by SAIC's UK Technology Centre R & D team to complete powertrain . Zhang Jue Hui, Shanghai Automotive will work with GM to launch the next generation of proprietary high-performance small-displacement engine series, covering compact, lightweight design of the direct injection, turbocharged engine series. Follow-up self-developed 1.0L, 1.2T, 1.4T, 1.5T, 1.8L 2.0T engine is expected to gradually put into operation from 2013. Large displacement from 2.0L to 2.4L engine will boost the use of the world's leading direct-injection technology. 2013, all models are equipped with SAIC turbocharged engine.

SAIC-developed dual-clutch automatic transmission plan will be put into operation next year, is expected in June next year and updating of the Roewe 550 will be equipped with the R & D results, saving rate of 20%. "Twelve Five" period, SAIC will use its powertrain products jointly developed with GM, Shanghai Automotive has independent intellectual property rights DCT dual-clutch technology. SAIC vice president, general manager of SAIC Chih-Hsin Chen personally passenger transfer items as the development of electric and automatic transmission, head of the development team.
    Source: http://auto.qq.com/a/20110908/000190.htm
    patpending
    patpending

Number of posts : 3005
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

Powertrain Update Empty Re: Powertrain Update

Post by patpending Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:33 am

I wonder what the role of FEV GmbH Aachen is? It's an owner-managed business which has been growing to have subsidiaries in the US, India and China.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/FEV
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Number of posts : 3322
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Post by Windy Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:55 pm

patpending wrote:I wonder what the role of FEV GmbH Aachen is?
    My understanding is that they did the technical design of the original version of the engine, I suspect they continue to technically develop the non-SAIC versions of the engine.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:00 pm