MGUK

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

MG3 UK launch date?

adaveabbott

Number of posts : 190
    Registration date : 2009-02-24

MG3 UK launch date?  Empty MG3 UK launch date?

Post by adaveabbott Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:45 am

Windy, have you any idea when the MG3 is to launch in the UK. I am sure it must be schedualed for the last quarter of this year, as the dealers cannot survive on selling just the MG6.
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Number of posts : 3322
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

MG3 UK launch date?  Empty Re: MG3 UK launch date?

Post by Windy Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:11 am

I suspect they need it before many more dealers will sign up too so lack of it is keeping MG6 sales down, although I'm sure they would rather get things right than rush it to market - they have no need to rush things unlike most companies.

It has been sheduled for quarter four of this year for a long time now and I guess they will want to sell a few before entering Europe which has recently been said to be next year.

There are probably still quite a few things that could delay it though, presumably they are trying to get more UK/Europe supplied parts than they did with the MG6 as they will be expecting to sell them in far higher numbers.
    ady j
    ady j

Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2012-04-09

Post by ady j Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:14 am

According to an article on ARonline, the MG3's front end didn't meet Euro Pedestrian Crash Regulations, so has had to be redesigned for Europe. Maybe that's why it's taking so long?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:28 pm