MGUK

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Roewe W5 moves to Nanjing Pukou

Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Number of posts : 3322
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Roewe W5 moves to Nanjing Pukou Empty Roewe W5 moves to Nanjing Pukou

Post by Windy Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:59 am

Shanghai Automotive Close Yizheng factory move Roewe W5 to the Nanjing

Roewe W5 moves to Nanjing Pukou A4870e75f8736f2cfa2839c4884eb0af

There are many factors that affect a car sales In addition to the vehicle itself in the market acceptance, the capacity Can you give enough support is also very important car market. Roewe W5 proud of the SUV, as SAIC has won industry recognition, but the continued downturn in sales since 2011 and allows the problem itself to re-return to production capacity. With SAIC on the adjustment of the production base, moved to Nanjing W5 is also expected to completely rule out this last resistance.

Roewe W5 unsatisfactory sales performance, the biggest problem with "insufficient capacity" has been plagued by SAIC. Recently, Mr. Chenji industry, Shanghai Automotive PR responsible person in an interview with CNC community, said: "Roewe W5 is a very have the competitiveness of the products, but from late 2011 to 2012 the beginning of the year due to adjustment of the production line from Yizheng relocate to Nanjing process, resulting in the Roewe W5 production and sales of less than the same level models, but the relocation of production lines has ended, production can be resumed soon. "

The production base of Shanghai Automotive originally three, respectively, for the two factories, located in Yizheng City, Jiangsu Province in Pukou, Nanjing and Shanghai port factory. For Yizheng factory to formally be adjusted to become the production base of Shanghai Volkswagen joint venture companies .

Yizheng There are two factories, the first factory production of the Roewe 750 , the second factory in the production of the Roewe W5. In order to W5's production can be optimized and its models better combine production, these two models will be relocated to the the Pukou factory production the W5 capacity problems will also be a radical solution.

Adjustment of the production line over the upcoming heavy volume of Roewe W5 / MG models

Roewe W5 moves to Nanjing Pukou B11586c8df24a94eba22a3332d7936cd

1-5 months of this year, sales of Roewe W5 only 1532 units, compared to direct competitor satisfied, Zhi Jie 7 12 051 units for the gap is very obvious, not to mention the joint venture brands such as CR-V models. It can be said that the capacity dilemma has a great impact on the future development of the models. Moved to Nanjing, the Roewe W5 and MG5 , MG7 , Roewe 350 and Roewe 750 in the same factory production, optimization and integration of resources Roewe W5 to bring new development opportunities. As a SUV models Roewe W5 in terms of off-road or in the price are very competitive, I believe the most direct competition with the SAIC's capacity to adjust this model will be opponents

Source: http://info.xcar.com.cn/201206/news_532199_1.html
    patpending
    patpending

Number of posts : 3005
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

Roewe W5 moves to Nanjing Pukou Empty Re: Roewe W5 moves to Nanjing Pukou

Post by patpending Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:24 am

Roewe W5 moves to Nanjing Pukou B11586c8df24a94eba22a3332d7936cd

so is this saying that MG5, MG7, Roewe 350, Roewe 750 and Roewe W5 are now all made at Pukou while MG3, MG6, Roewe 550 and Roewe 950 are made in Lingang? That is different from what I expected - I thought smaller cars like the MG3 were being concentrated in Pukou and the larger ones like MG6 and Roewe 550 and 750 at Lingang. I even seem to recall the MG7 line being moved to Lingang to be with Roewe 750.
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:28 am

patpending wrote:Roewe W5 moves to Nanjing Pukou B11586c8df24a94eba22a3332d7936cd

so is this saying that MG5, MG7, Roewe 350, Roewe 750 and Roewe W5 are now all made at Pukou while MG3, MG6, Roewe 550 and Roewe 950 are made in Lingang? That is different from what I expected - I thought smaller cars like the MG3 were being concentrated in Pukou and the larger ones like MG6 and Roewe 550 and 750 at Lingang. I even seem to recall the MG7 line being moved to Lingang to be with Roewe 750.
    Yes!

That does say Nanjing Pukou and Shanghai Lingang.

The MG3 has always been at Lingang, which surprised me at first since they did say that Pukou would do the small cars when the 350 was launched.

There were lots of stories about the MG7 moving to Lingang but I never saw a confirmation, as far as I know it has always been assembled at Pukou although I suspect a lot of the parts are produced with the 750 parts.

The W5 has moved, doesn't seem long since it started production in Yizheng! I suspect it started there due to the double dragon connections and having now completely seperated from Ssangyong it could be moved.

The small engines (NSE) are produced at Pukou, I suspect the diesel is there too. The larger engines ( 1.8 ) are at Lingang.

There is also a major move over the next year or so of Iveco, NAC special vehicles and Sunwin busses to Pukou, I think to allow a major expansion in capacity. ( http://www.js.chinanews.com/news/2012/0608/40676.html )

patpending
    patpending

Number of posts : 3005
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

Post by patpending Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:50 am

Windy wrote:That does say Nanjing Pukou and Shanghai Lingang.
    Yes, I spotted the shang (and the steam) on the right...
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:00 pm

Move completed, but no mention of the diesel engine...

SAIC Yizheng base, transferred to the Shanghai Volkswagen

The Beijing News (Reporter Wei Xuezhen), with the the Shanghai Volkswagen capacity expansion plan, the original attributable to the passenger car base in SAIC Yizheng, Jiangsu Province base before all transferred to the Shanghai Volkswagen. Reporters recently learned from SAIC, In Yizheng base after the transfer, the Roewe W5 and 750 two models all switch to SAIC, Nanjing Pukou plant after adjust capacity optimization upgrade, Roewe W5 heavy volume production.

Shanghai Volkswagen Yizheng plant put into operation

Experienced two years of construction work after According to the news released by the Shanghai Volkswagen, Shanghai Volkswagen leveraging on South cooperation to achieve inter-regional development of the first standardized plant, the end of July, has been put into operation in Yizheng Branch. Jia Mingdi, general manager of Shanghai SAIC-Volkswagen Sales Co., Ltd., said in an interview with reporters last week, the factory started planning a 300,000 capacity. Now has a stamping shop, body shop, paint shop, assembly shop, technology center, training center, energy center, loading shipping and parts distribution centers, and office buildings and other related production and auxiliary facilities. The factory covers a total of 1,280,500 m2, planned capacity 60JPH.

The Yizheng factory reporter has learned, and now vested in the Shanghai Volkswagen production capacity of 300,000, including the 100,000 capacity base previously part of SAIC. It is reported that SAIC had converted to invest 1.223 billion yuan production base, in the year ago, is responsible for the production of the Roewe 750 and Roewe W5 models. After the transfer of production bases, SAIC these two models change put production to Nanjing Pukou factory. With the re-arrangement of the product line, the production capacity of the SAIC, Nanjing Pukou base gradually increase Roewe W5 farewell after "capacity planning", the new car is gradually heavy volume.

SAIC re-adjustment models production layout

At the same time, SAIC passenger car production base re-planning, and implementation of the strategic layout of the three R & D centers in Shanghai port, the of Nanjing Pukou and British Longbridge three manufacturing base and Shanghai, Nanjing, Britain. SAIC stakeholders told reporters, after re-adjust the flexible production capacity of the of Nanjing Pukou plant originally planned for a small car and small-displacement powertrain production base will improve, and implement a multi-platform production strategy and Shanghai port base, to improve the the SAIC production capacity utilization.

It is understood that a total investment of 2.566 billion yuan, with 200,000 cars and 250,000 engines production capacity of Nanjing Pukou base models have been responsible for the production of the Roewe 350, MG5, MG7, extended Roewe W5 Roewe 750 and Roewe 750 hybrid models. Also responsible for the production of small-displacement 1.5L and 1.5T engine production. Shanghai port base in the factory production capacity and further enhance the quality, will be responsible for the Roewe 550, Roewe 950 and MG3, MG6, and E50 pure electric cars and other new energy vehicles, as well as the KV6 and K4 series engine products in production. The total investment of 3.56 billion yuan, SAIC port base current annual production scale of 225,000. Port base the long-term point of view, there will be six models of the two platforms, the future will also be responsible for its own brand export products and the production of new energy products.

The Yizheng factory has been transferred to the Shanghai Volkswagen is currently responsible to put into the new Polo and other models. Shanghai Volkswagen said, there will be the production of the Volkswagen, Skoda two brand new models developed.

Source: http://news.sina.com.cn/o/2012-08-27/023925040271.shtml

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 9:46 am