MGUK

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

MG6 for 2013

Dorset Rocket

Number of posts : 134
    Registration date : 2011-05-20

MG6 for 2013  Empty MG6 for 2013

Post by Dorset Rocket Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:09 am

Based on a information I have seen, read or heard about the MG6 in the past few weeks I get the increasing impression that the launch of the diesel version in the UK later this year will coincide with a fairly wide ranging revamp of the model for 2013. In addition to the 6 speed 'box and an automatic, I have heard mention of a BTCC edition, fuel saving 'stop/start' technology, electronic handbrake, significant changes to specifications and even the introduction of an options list..

Is this just me putting 2 and 2 together to make a new 6 or are others hearing the same??
    adaveabbott

Number of posts : 190
    Registration date : 2009-02-24

MG6 for 2013  Empty Re: MG6 for 2013

Post by adaveabbott Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:09 am

Dorset Rocket, i hope your assumptions are are right about the 2013 upgrade. However if it is right that Saic/ MG, have just come to an agreement with General Motors to jointly develop a new range of of new, small and medium sized engines, with much of the development work done in Birmingham. Then i am sure MG have indeed got a bright future.
    Dorset Rocket

Number of posts : 134
    Registration date : 2011-05-20

Post by Dorset Rocket Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:34 pm

Hi Dave,yes i think the GM deal is good news and it was borne out by Steve Cropley's article in Autocar (7.3.12) that showed pictures of new engine test beds installed at Longbridge. However I think it will be a year or two before we see the fruits of this collaboration and the inital MG3 models in the UK will have SIAC's own 'New Small Engine' that they use in the 3 in China, probably in 1.5L turbo form for the UK market.
    patpending
    patpending

Number of posts : 3005
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

Post by patpending Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:20 am

adaveabbott wrote:... if it is right that Saic/ MG, have just come to an agreement with General Motors to jointly develop a new range of of new, small and medium sized engines, with much of the development work done in Birmingham. Then i am sure MG have indeed got a bright future.

Birmingham, England? pig pig lol!
    adaveabbott

Number of posts : 190
    Registration date : 2009-02-24

MG6 for 2013  Empty New engine developments

Post by adaveabbott Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:27 am

You bet, Birmingham England. More jobs for our boys!
    patpending
    patpending

Number of posts : 3005
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

Post by patpending Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:47 am

adaveabbott wrote:You bet, Birmingham England. More jobs for our boys!
    woo.

Time we changed the name of MG Birmingham (UK) to something else? e.g. "Longbridge"(!)
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Number of posts : 3322
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Post by Windy Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:09 am

Dorset Rocket wrote:Based on a information I have seen, read or heard about the MG6 in the past few weeks I get the increasing impression that the launch of the diesel version in the UK later this year will coincide with a fairly wide ranging revamp of the model for 2013. In addition to the 6 speed 'box and an automatic, I have heard mention of a BTCC edition, fuel saving 'stop/start' technology, electronic handbrake, significant changes to specifications and even the introduction of an options list..

Is this just me putting 2 and 2 together to make a new 6 or are others hearing the same??

Presumably it will get the same modifications as the facelift Roewe 550 is doing in China.

adaveabbott wrote:Dorset Rocket, i hope your assumptions are are right about the 2013 upgrade. However if it is right that Saic/ MG, have just come to an agreement with General Motors to jointly develop a new range of of new, small and medium sized engines, with much of the development work done in Birmingham. Then i am sure MG have indeed got a bright future.
    The GM agreement actually happened as part of SAIC buying 1% of the SAIC GM joint venture in China, essentially it is payment for SAIC loaning GM many millions of $ to get GM through their difficult patch. GM having recovered are now buying the 1% back. I'm not sure how important the new engines are to GM but to SAIC it turns their basic NSE engines currently used in the MG3/MG5 into world beating high tech direct injection low emissions engines for sale in Europe.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:35 am