MGUK

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

MG6 BTCC Edition

patpending
    patpending

Number of posts : 3005
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

MG6 BTCC Edition Empty MG6 BTCC Edition

Post by patpending Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:34 am

These photos were found by pistonbroke666 from mg-rover.org on MG UK's facebook site.

MG6 BTCC Edition Image

This is the spec of the car (mechanically as previously)

20th Oct 2012

MG launches MG6 BTCC Special Edition

MG is launching an MG6 BTCC Special Edition to celebrate its hugely successful return to saloon car racing.

The MG6 GT BTCC Special Edition will be unveiled at the final round of the 2012 MSA Dunlop British Touring Car Championship at Brands Hatch this weekend where MG's Jason Plato is fighting for the championship.

Plato, in his MG KX Momentum Racing team MG6 GT, is currently second in the rankings and just 15 points behind leader Gordon Shedden as the fight for the title goes down to the line.

It's been an amazing season for Plato and the MG team in what was supposed to be just a "learning year" in MG's return to top level racing. This weekend's final three races will see Plato in a four-way fight for the title between Shedden and his team-mate Matt Neal and Andrew Jordon, who are all in Hondas.

Plato, who has won the BTCC championship twice before, clinched his titles at the fast and demanding Brands Hatch Grand Prix circuit.

Against this dramatic backdrop MG will unveil the new road-going MG6 BTCC Special Edition with its striking livery and distinctive Racing matt black roof and Racing matt black 18-inch alloy wheels.

The new car is based on the award-winning MG6 GT and will really stand out from the crowd. Every BTCC Special Edition will also have Racing black gloss sills, door mirror covers, lower front air dam and rear spoiler.

The front grille proudly sports a BTCC badge and a distinctive multi-coloured MG KX Momentum Racing team decal is on the bonnet extension panel above the front grille, on the fastback boot lid and on the front doors and wings just behind the chrome wing vent.

BTCC Edition graphics are highlighted on the sills and also inside the car on the passenger facia.

Power from the BTCC Special Edition is from the 1.8-litre turbo petrol model of the standard car and delivers 160 PSI to give a 0 to 62mph of 8.4 seconds and a top speed electronically limited to 120mph. Yet the car has a Group 14E insurance rating.

The BTCC Special Edition has a very high level of standard equipment including sports driver and front passenger seats, Dunlop Sport 225/45R 18 performance tyres, iTPMS tyre monitoring system, integrated full colour satellite navigation (including a lifetime subscription to Trafficmaster), air conditioning, rear parking sensors, front fog lights, cruise control, an electronic hill hold function, power folding electrically heated exterior mirrors, CD audio with USB and auxiliary inputs for MP3/Ipod connectivity and a leather covered multifunction steering wheel.

Despite its sporting credentials, the BTCC Special Edition is surprisingly practical for everyday use with a huge class leading boot and rear folding seats to give a massive 400 litre cargo capacity.

The cars are covered by a full AA European roadside assistance package for three years, has a three year/60,000 mile manufacturers warranty and the UK dealer network has direct support from the MG Birmingham factory.

Jason Plato said: "It should be quite a weekend. I'm going to give it everything I've got. Ian Harrison and all the team at Triple 888 have done a great job with the race car and the timing for the launch of MG's new BTCC Special Edition is brilliant.

"I'm planning to be on hand to whip the covers off and show the new car to the world as long as my busy weekend programme permits. Anyway, it's going to be a great weekend for all of us."

Guy Jones, MG Motor UK's Sales & Marketing Director, said: "Coming back to BTCC racing was a huge gamble for us. But with Jason's fantastic driving skills, the huge enthusiasm of the whole MG KX Momentum Racing team and the backing of key sponsors such as Tesco Fuels and Castrol, we've had a sensational season.

"Our success on the track cried out for a special road-going MG6 car for MG fans to celebrate our return to one of the most popular race series in the world."

Photo of the unveiling:

MG6 BTCC Edition Image-1

and another photo:

MG6 BTCC Edition Image-2
    patpending
    patpending

MG6 BTCC Edition Empty Re: MG6 BTCC Edition

Post by patpending Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:25 pm

More pictures:

MG6 BTCC Edition Image-3

MG6 BTCC Edition Image-4

MG6 BTCC Edition Image-5

Dorset Rocket

Number of posts : 134
    Registration date : 2011-05-20

Post by Dorset Rocket Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:13 pm

I write with trepidation as the first to respond to this news! My initial reaction on seeing the pictures of the new BTTC edition was a strange one of both being overwhelmed and underwhelmed at the same time. Great that they have done it, that it will give dealers something else to sell and that they now have a pin up model for the range. Pity in a way that it is purley a cosmetic job and perhaps not as visually striking as it could have been. I hope it sells and I have a feeling it wont be the last MG6 BTTC special edition we will see..
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:26 pm

Dorset Rocket wrote:I write with trepidation as the first to respond to this news! My initial reaction on seeing the pictures of the new BTTC edition was a strange one of both being overwhelmed and underwhelmed at the same time. Great that they have done it, that it will give dealers something else to sell and that they now have a pin up model for the range. Pity in a way that it is purley a cosmetic job and perhaps not as visually striking as it could have been. I hope it sells and I have a feeling it wont be the last MG6 BTTC special edition we will see..
    I hope we can keep an open mind here and not just go into "negative parrot mode" - as you say, it's good to have any car building on BTCC success but fans would like something more.

Only a few weeks to the diesel now!
    Dorset Rocket

Post by Dorset Rocket Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:55 pm

Pinkstones Facebook page mentions in a reply to a potentail customer that the diesel will be available to test drive early in the new year. So not long to go now and in the meantime I am sure they will make the most of the BTCC Edition to bring in a few punters. With the MG3 hopefully still due next summer, 2013 is shaping up to be a busy year for MG and it's dealers.
    Dorset Rocket

Post by Dorset Rocket Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:39 am

Has anyone seen a price being mentioned for the BTCC Edition yet? The website justs asks you to contact MG if you are interested in one..
    mg-zs
    mg-zs

Number of posts : 166
    Registration date : 2009-02-06

Post by mg-zs Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:27 am

I was expectiing a bit more btcc sporty
    Black roof looks cool
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:49 am

http://mg.co.uk/vehicles/mg6-btcc-edition/

MG6 BTCC Edition BTCCSPECIALeDITIO1

Celebrating the successful return of MG to the British Touring Car Championships, MG introduces the BTCC Special Edition MG6.
    UNIQUE FEATURES INCLUDE:

Racing black matt finish 18” sports alloy wheels
    Racing black matt roof
    Racing black gloss front lower airdam
    Racing black gloss sills, mirrors and rear spoiler

MG KX Momentum racing team colour graphics to:-
    Bonnet extension panel above front grille
    Front doors/wings behind wing vent
    Boot above MG6 model badge
    Interior passenger fascia
    BTCC badge to front grille
    BTCC Edition graphics to:-
    Side sill rear
    Interior passenger fascia

COLOURS:

Available in Arctic White and Union Blue.
    PRICE:

£16,995
    MG6 GT SPEC:

Sports drivers and passenger front seats
    Delivering high levels of lateral support and comfort
    Dunlop Sport 225/45R18 performance tyres
    iTPMS tyre pressure monitoring system
    160 PS 1.8 litre petrol turbo engine
    Integrated full colour satellite navigation
    Includes lifetime subscription to Trafficmaster
    Rear parking sensors
    Front fog lights
    Leather covered steering wheel with remote controls for driver information system
    Cruise control
    Electronic hill hold function
    Power folding electric heated exterior mirrors
    CD audio with USB and auxiliary inputs for MP3/Ipod connectivity

INSURANCE:

Group 14E insurance
    Industry leading for this level of performance, space and features
    0-60 in 8.4 secs

KEY DIMENSIONS:

Class leading boot space
    1200 litre boot volume with seats folded
    400 litre with