MGUK

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
snifferdog1
Podders
simcor
Morris Motors
adaveabbott
Dorset Rocket
Dynamo
Steven211
Jerry Zedman
Roverman
mckenzie1971
Wasequiped
docjunior2008
MartinZT
BurnleyRover
ZTsteve
DillTheDog
DougN
richardk
skyblueads
dentricrio
Perkins
Windy
27 posters

News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd

simcor

Number of posts : 8
    Registration date : 2011-05-28

News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 15 Empty Re: News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd

Post by simcor Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:13 pm

Windy wrote:
    patpending wrote:If it is hard to get MG Press Releases into publications, people won't bother.
    Exactly, and for most destinations that means it going in automatically with zero effort, or at least formatting itself into the destination documents format automatically when pasted.  PDF kills that ability, and very few people will be prepared to keep MG's layout anyway.

Looks like it is very easy to paste Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - that certainly sold well!

I would assume that press releases are done in adobe programs like illustrator which will save as a PDF compatible file preserving illustrator editing capabilities, so people can download it as a PDF file for ease of viewing and anyone with illustrator can also edit it with adobe illustrator or indesign and copy and reformat it anyway they like.

When I get a chance ill see if I can download a press release PDF and see if illustrator will open it as an editable file.
    patpending
    patpending

Number of posts : 3005
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

Post by patpending Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:25 pm

simcor wrote:
    Windy wrote:
    patpending wrote:If it is hard to get MG Press Releases into publications, people won't bother.
    Exactly, and for most destinations that means it going in automatically with zero effort, or at least formatting itself into the destination documents format automatically when pasted.  PDF kills that ability, and very few people will be prepared to keep MG's layout anyway.

Looks like it is very easy to paste Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - that certainly sold well!

I would assume that press releases are done in adobe programs like illustrator which will save as a PDF compatible file preserving illustrator editing capabilities, so people can download it as a PDF file for ease of viewing and anyone with illustrator can also edit it with adobe illustrator or indesign and copy and reformat it anyway they like.

When I get a chance ill see if I can download a press release PDF and see if illustrator will open it as an editable file.

Thanks Simcor.

This was an issue earlier last year but all releases are now consistently available from websites! Such as the next one!
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:27 pm

Press release: "Customer delight as they drive away in a new MG6 with MG and Jewson"

News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 15 Johnthursfieldwithmg4
    7 FEBRUARY 2014
    Customer delight as they drive away in a new MG6 with MG and Jewson

• First winner in the ‘Win an MG6 with MG and Jewson; Grown, designed and built in Britain' competition collects his prize from the historic home of MG in Longbridge today

• Promotion by BSW Timber, nationwide supplier of British Timber to Jewson branch network
    • Two winners each set to receive a MG6 GT SE DTi-TECH to keep
    • National marketing promotion with entry available in over 300 participating branches September to November 2013

Longbridge, 07 February 2014: The first winner of the MG and Jewson ‘Grown, designed and built in Britain' competition collected his prize of a MG6 GT SE DTi-TECH from MG's Longbridge site in Birmingham this week.
    Jewson customers were offered the chance to win one of two MG6s at over 300 stores nationwide simply by spending over £50 on easi-timber at any participating branch during the Building Merchant's two month long campaign. Customers were also given the chance to win one of 18 Cello 32" HD 3D TVs in the contest.
    The high profile marketing campaign by BSW Timber saw their easi-timber brand partner with MG and Cello, each sharing a rich British heritage. Two winners were chosen at random from entries at over 300 participating branches to receive, the top prize of an MG6. The stylish and affordable MG6, and the marque's latest offering the MG3, are designed, engineered and assembled in Britain, at MG's historic home in Longbridge, Birmingham.
    The first winner, John Thursfield from London, entered the competition at his local Jewson store in Fulham, and collected his brand new car from Longbridge this week "I can't believe I won, I am absolutely thrilled. I have always been a huge fan of MGs and I can't wait to drive my MG6."
    Customers who were not lucky enough to win their car can still benefit from savings of up to £30001 with MGs 2014 offers. Launched in 2012, the MG6 GT boasts an impressive feature list, such as class leading chassis dynamics and the largest the boot space in its class, as well as a generous equipment list, all whilst retaining an affordable list price; starting at just £15,4552. Under the current offers customers automatically upgrade from an S variant to an SE, benefiting from a saving of up to £1,200 and receiving additional equipment such as satellite navigation, rear parking sensors, cruise control and leather steering wheel. Building on the SE trim, the TSE now offers a saving of £2,000 and features front parking sensors, 18" alloy wheels, rear parking camera, leather trim, Bluetooth, automatic headlights, automatic windscreen wipers and electric heated seats. MG6 GT TSE customers will be offered the opportunity to upgrade to an MG6 Magnette, a saving of up to £3,000.
    The current MG6 DI-TECH engine now benefits from improved emissions and fuel consumption3, without any change to performance, combined with current Q1 offers, the MG6 becomes an attractive prospect for customers and fleet managers alike, as an already exceptional level of spec is now better than ever with free upgrades on all Petrol and Diesel specifications until 31 December 2014.
    The second Jewson competition winner is due to collect their prize from their nearest MG retailer next month.
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:27 pm

New MG Merchandise shop.

From Facebook:

News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 15 1654251_10152177923622910_2068057334_n

From tomorrow we launch MG's first online merchandise site that will enable MG fans and enthusiasts to order from our ever expanding range from the comfort of their own home rather than needing to come to see us here in Birmingham or via your dealer. To celebrate the start of our journey into e-commerce, any orders placed during the first three days the site is live can save 10% by adding the code [welcome10] when prompted at the check out. You can check out the whole range at http://shop.mg.co.uk from tomorrow morning. / Keith
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:51 am

Now the official press release:

13 FEBRUARY 2014
    MG launches new online shop with official merchandise range

Latest range of official MG merchandise now available from new online shop
    Customers can now buy online at shop.mg.co.uk
    Items starting from as little as £2
    Great value for money both on and offline
    Online shop launches today- 13 February 2014
    Longbridge, 13 February 2014. Love the badge? Bought the car? Now complete the set with a range of MG branded merchandise direct from the historic marque's new online shop.

MG are delighted to announce the launch of a brand new range of official MG merchandise available via the automotive manufacturer's website www.mg.co.uk featuring a unique selection of competitively priced, high-quality, stylish branded products designed to meet the life you lead.

The online shop will feature everything needed to live the MG lifestyle, including a wide range of MG branded clothes and great gifts such as MG branded teddy bears, model cars, MG badges and many more from as little as £2.

The online shop is yet another new venture for the midlands based manufacturer as the marque continues to expand throughout its 90th anniversary year. Recent developments include a rapidly expanding dealer network and the launch of the new MG3 supermini in September last year, leading the company to record sales for the last three months running.

All merchandise on offer represents great value for money, this brand ethos continues off line too as current Q1 offers allow customers to benefit further, as already exceptional levels of equipment are available for even less, with free upgrades on all MG6 petrol and diesel specifications, a saving of up to £3,000, until 31 March 2014. Lease offers are also available on all variants from only £199 a month.

Sales of MG6 GT and Magnette variants are set to improve in 2014 thanks to the decrease in CO2 emissions for Diesel variants (from 139g/Km to 129g/Km) making the model a viable fleet option for the first time.
    Morris Motors

Number of posts : 446
    Registration date : 2012-08-10

Post by Morris Motors Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:39 pm

Some of the items I have seen on footage of chinese dealers - the boxed set of MG badges and the scale models etc. Should be popular - and better quality than the MGOC stuff I hope...
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:28 pm

Morris Motors wrote:Some of the items I have seen on footage of chinese dealers - the boxed set of MG badges and the scale models etc. Should be popular - and better quality than the MGOC stuff I hope...

I have an MG3 - this one from my garage.

http://www.mguk.org/t967-i-ve-bought-an-mg3-and-it-fits-in-my-garage

News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 15 PatsnewMG3fitsinhisgarage_zpsde17e894

the quality of the model really is top notch with fit lines so good, you're not sure the doors open (they do). I see it is available in black and blue. A marvellous buy.
    Podders

Number of posts : 25
    Registration date : 2013-12-28

Post by Podders Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:11 am

Just a pity it's got the original Chinese spec bumpers, not sold here.
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:58 am

Podders wrote:Just a pity it's got the original Chinese spec bumpers, not sold here.
    Overtaken in China too now of course.

I want a UK spec one in yellow, and I want it now! Wink
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Number of posts : 3322
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Post by Windy Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:15 am

patpending wrote:
    Podders wrote:Just a pity it's got the original Chinese spec bumpers, not sold here.
    Overtaken in China too now of course.

I want a UK spec one in yellow, and I want it now! Wink
    With or without the   Very Happy Sad Surprised Shocked Cool Mad Razz Rolling Eyes ?  jocolor 

Idea Wonder if they could do a holographic one with moving emoticons  Twisted Evil 
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:42 am

Windy wrote:With or without the   Very Happy Sad Surprised Shocked Cool Mad Razz Rolling Eyes ?  jocolor 

Idea Wonder if they could do a holographic one with moving emoticons  Twisted Evil 
    Wink

I have seen a yellow one but have never been able to buy one...

The working steering wheel on the model is LHD...
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:40 am

Press release: Harrogate welcomes latest MG dealer

Harrogate welcomes latest MG dealer

• MG Bookroyd, Harrogate, joins the marque's rapidly expanding dealer network

• Opening Mid-March 2014
    • Fourth MG dealer to open in Yorkshire within the last 12 months

Longbridge, 14 February 2014. The picturesque Yorkshire town of Harrogate has become the site of the latest MG dealer to be announced this year, as part of the brand's ambitious plans to expand its UK dealer network.
    The announcement of the North Yorkshire based dealer comes just weeks after the appointment of MG Doncaster in South Yorkshire, and less than a year after Eric Stead Ltd in Ecclesfield, and Grant & McAllin in Holbrook.
    MG Brookroyd will be open for business by mid March this year. Launch preparations are already under way with the recent completion of a major upgrade to its after sales department, complementing an existing five-car showroom soon to feature the current MG product line up.
    The new dealership in Killinghall, on the northern outskirts of the famous spa town, is run by Peter Chapman who has spent all his working life in the motor trade. Peter said: "We have been watching the success of MG for some time and we are convinced that the new MG3 and the MG6 models will go down really well here in north Yorkshire. Our customers think carefully before parting with their hard-earned cash, so I am sure that, like me they will quickly see what great value for money these cars offer. Everyone at the dealership is thoroughly impressed with these new MGs and of course the brand is a British icon."
    The dealership has a prominent position in Killinghall, just off the A61 Harrogate to Ripon main road, and boasts a strong customer database having previously sold a vast range of cars from various manufacturers.
    snifferdog1

Number of posts : 240
    Registration date : 2012-12-05

Post by snifferdog1 Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:07 am

Press release - MGs first London dealership!

First London based MG dealer set to open in March 2014
    Prime South West London location
    Perfect urban environment for the recently launched MG3 supermini
    London is top city for visits to www.mg.co.uk

MG has appointed its first dealership in London as part of a major expansion of the marque’s network.

MG West London, situated in Barnes, South West London, will open in March and become the first MG Motor UK sales dealer within the M25 area. This latest appointment will join a raft of new MG outlets opening in 2014, which will see the biggest expansion of the MG network in more than a decade.

The site in Castelnau, just a mile from Hammersmith Bridge on the main A306, is one of the best known automotive landmarks in West London and has previously been home to The American Car Centre and is now trading as West Motor Company.

Ardi Bala, Dealer Principal of West London MG, already has ambitious plans for the seven-car showroom. Ardi, a qualified car technician who now employs a staff of 14 people, said: "We are thrilled at being appointed an MG dealer and everyone here is really looking forward to showing people the MG6 and MG3. I’ve driven both cars. The build quality is superb and the value-for-money is quite exceptional, which I don’t think people yet fully appreciate."

The immediate surrounding areas of Barnes, Putney, Richmond and Chiswick will be key target areas for sales of the new MG3 supermini. At just four metres long, the MG3 boasts class leading cabin and boot space yet is easy to handle in even the smallest of urban areas, with the top of the range model available for under £10,000. Not to be outdone by its smaller stable mate, the highly equipped MG6 TSE is also equipped for urban life with front and rear parking sensors, reversing camera, Bluetooth and built-in sat nav as standard.

A London based dealership will help to satisfy customer demand for MG in the capital. At present London is the top city in the UK for visits to www.mg.co.uk totaling 19 per cent of all traffic to the site.
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:54 am

Thanks sniffer - I have that exact press release in my clipboard.

19% of visits to mg.co.uk from London! I wonder who is looking - I can hardly think of anyone from the fan community resident in (or working in) London... who looks there for their work, I wonder?

as the article says, "The immediate surrounding areas of Barnes, Putney, Richmond and Chiswick will be key target areas for sales of the new MG3 supermini" for first non-company, great value first, second, or third cars. Loads of potential going outside London [postal districts], in Kingston, New Malden, Wimbledon, Sutton etc. let alone Weybridge, Leatherhead, Reigate... Guildford is quite close to SMC in Woking...If there were as many dealers per potential punter inside the M25 as there are in Lincolnshire, there would be 40...
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:08 am

Press release:

A PERFECT TEN FOR MG RETAIL NETWORK IN 2014

Ten new MG dealers appointed in last six weeks
    Leicester based retailer is the latest to join MG dealer network
    Bishop & Bishop will service the tenth largest city in the country
    Longbridge, UK, 19 February 2014 - The expansion of the MG retail network continues as Leicester, the tenth largest city in the country, becomes home to the tenth MG dealer to be appointed in 2014.

Bishop & Bishop opened in 1947 and has been a family-run business ever since. The three-quarter acre site on Leicester Road is in the centre of Wigston, just four miles from Leicester city centre. It has a staff of 20 and a seven bay workshop. MG6 and MG3 models will be displayed in the four-car showroom.

The dealership, in Wigston, just outside Leicester, is run by Managing Director John Williams who started in the automotive business as an apprentice technician, a keen MG enthusiast, who, in his youth renovated an MG Midget.

John said: “We sold MGs up until 2003 and it’s really good to be back with such a fantastic brand that has such a huge, loyal following. I’ve driven most of the old MGs and I think the MG6 and MG3 models are the best yet.”

The new dealership plans to officially open for business during March and plans are already underway for an opening celebration event.

Since January new MG dealers have been appointed in Spalding, Dudley, Newcastle-on-Tyne, Doncaster, Northampton, Norwich, Swindon, Harrogate and Barnes in London.
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:37 am

just totting up the dealers, realised I missed this one from a couple of weeks back... I have just discovered I can open .docx...

MG Accelerates UK Dealer Network Expansion

Longbridge, 29 January 2014: Four new MG dealerships are set to open shortly as part of a major expansion of the historic marque’s UK network during 2014.

The four new dealerships, based in Doncaster, Northampton, Norwich and Swindon, have already received their MG6 and MG3 allocations and are now ready to start taking customer orders.

These latest MG outlets will be run by CarShop, one of the UK’s largest used car network operations. The franchise will be CarShop’s first venture into new car dealership.

Jonathan Dunkley, CarShop’s CEO, said: “We are really excited about expanding our vehicle selection to include the sale of new cars alongside our core business of used. We know the MG brand well and our staff have been fully trained to MG standards. There is huge enthusiasm here for MG. The MG6 is a great value-for-money car that drives superbly and the new MG3 is already a runaway success. We can’t wait to get started. It’s going to be a whole new adventure for us at CarShop and we are certain we can be really successful together.”

CarShop opened its first outlet in Northampton and the MG dealership will be within the operation on Ravens Way, Great Billing. The firm’s Swindon branch, which opened in 2007, is on Penny Lane, Drakes Way and the MG dealership will be within the main customer showroom. In Doncaster, where CarShop opened in 2009, the MG dealership is within the main operation on Trax Park, Decoy Bank South. The final location is CarShop’s newest outlet in Whiffler Road, Norwich. The MG dealership here will give the brand high visibility in one of the largest cities in East Anglia.

During the last six months new MG dealerships have opened in Dudley in the West Midlands, Spalding, Woking, Gloucester and two in Sheffield. However, the network is set to grow considerably during 2014.
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:10 pm

Press release:

MG partners AM Awards 2014

• MG is official partner for tonight's AM Awards at The ICC Birmingham

• Awards recognise excellence in the automotive retail industry
    • MG continues to expand own dealer network with 10 new dealers so far this year
    • MG sales growth driven by new MG3 supermini and MG6 diesel products

Longbridge, UK, 20 February 2014 - MG is proud to be the official Manufacturer and Hospitality Partner for the AM Awards at The ICC Birmingham tonight.
    The AM Awards are dedicated to acknowledging exemplary performance and innovation within the Automotive retail industry.
    MG's own dealer network continues to grow to support the expanding product range with ten further dealers appointed since the beginning of the year, including a move into South West London.  The marque's objective this year is to continue steady growth, with the aim of recruiting a total of 80 retailers by the end of 2014.
    MG Head of Sales, Sam Burton said; "I am delighted that MG is teaming up with Automotive Management in acting as main sponsor of the prestigious AM Awards 2014.
    The AM Awards enables the industry to acknowledge and celebrate the best working practices within motor retailing. The event provides MG with an opportunity to showcase its new product line-up and to meet key industry personnel."
    This year's ceremony will feature the existing five categories of accolade, recognising; Innovation, Excellence in Business, Manufacturer, Retailer and Headline awards. Five new categories have been added this year; these include Best Social Media campaign, Manufacturer Digital Initiative, Business Manager of the Year, Unsung Hero of the Year, and Best Fleet Dealership. 
    ENDS
    Notes to Editors 
    MG Dealers and Aftersales centres are located in Gloucestershire, Kent, Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Yorkshire, Hertfordshire, Berkshire, Cambridgeshire, Lincolnshire, Cheshire, Shropshire, Staffordshire, Suffolk, Northamptonshire, Norfolk, Wiltshire, Lancashire, Northumberland, Essex, Sussex, Surrey, Devon, London, Oxfordshire, Somerset, Buckinghamshire, Worcester, Warwickshire as well as Vale in Guernsey, Perthshire and Stirlingshire in Scotland,  Qwent and South Glamorgan in Wales, Douglas in the Isle of Man, Ryde in the Isle of Wight and Dungannon, Northern Ireland. Open points include London North West, Stockton on Tees, Sutton Coldfield, Nottingham, Durham, London North East, Leeds, Coventry, Warrington, Southampton, Croydon, Portsmouth, Glasgow and Edinburgh.
    Visit www.mg.co.uk for further information on MG dealerships
    About MG Motor
    Since the first MG went on sale 90 years ago in 1924, the iconic British brand has become world famous for making stylish cars that are fun to drive and own, at remarkably affordable prices. The latest offering, the MG3 is no exception; the new, small modern MG brings style and fun to a new generation- giving a fresh twist on the innovation, sporty performance and statement style that first made the MG badge famous.
    Modern MGs are designed, engineered and undergo final assembly at MG's historic home in Longbridge, Birmingham. 
    Today, MG is owned by the SAIC Motor Corporation. SAIC Motor is currently rated 103rd in the Fortune 500 and, in 2013, achieved record global sales of over 5.1 million units, an increase of 13.71% on 2012 sales. SAIC Motor is the first Chinese automotive manufacturer to exceed five million units in a year, and 230,000 units of this extraordinary figure can be attributed to sales of the MG and Roewe marques worldwide.
    More information is available at www.mg.co.uk/media

Laura Biss, PR Manager
    Direct dial:+44 (0)121 251 6535
    Mobile:+44 (0)7837 242 581
    E-mail: laura.biss@mgmotor.co.uk
    facebook.com/mgmotor
    @mgmotor
    youtube.com/mg
    20 February 2014

Arctic Monkeys? Wink

"The marque's objective this year is to continue steady growth, with the aim of recruiting a total of 80 retailers by the end of 2014."
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:27 am

Press release:

MG’S 90TH YEAR OFF TO A STRONG START

• Over 1000 MG3 orders and more than 400 registrations since launch

• MG3 benefits from an ultra low, 4E insurance group and strong residuals of up to 61%

• Exceptional value, high standard of equipment on all models, from only £8,399 to £9,999

• MG3 available from just £99 a month or zero deposit and savings of up to £3000 available on MG6

• Ten additional retailer appointments already announced in 2014

Longbridge, UK, 10 March 2014 - MG has today announced over 1000 orders and more than 400 registrations of the marque’s outstanding value for money supermini, since the launch of the MG3 in November 2013. Ten new retailer appointments have also been announced so far this year as MG continues to expand the dealer network.

The growing success of MG3 is attributed to many key features, such as an ultra low 4E insurance group and strong residuals of up to 61 per cent; available in four specifications, the entry level, 3TIME, is available from just £8,399, up to the top of the range, 3STYLE for only £9,999. High levels of equipment are available across the range as standard, as well as class leading interior and boot space. All specifications are available on PCP from just £99 a month or with down to zero deposits.

Sales of MG6 GT and Magnette variants are set to improve in 2014 thanks to the decrease in CO2 emissions for Diesel variants (from 139g/Km to 129g/Km) making the model a viable fleet option for the first time. Current Q1 offers allow customers to benefit even further, as already exceptional levels of equipment are available for even less, with free upgrades on all MG6 petrol and diesel specifications offering a saving worth up to £3,000, until 31 March 2014. Lease offers are also available on all MG6 variants from only £199 a month.

MG also recently announced the tenth retailer appointment this year to join the rapidly expanding dealer network, including the marque’s first presence in London. A total of 80 retailers are expected by the end of the year. MG’s MG 2 U service continues to cover areas of the UK that do not currently benefit from a local retailer.

2013 year-end figures showed a dramatic increase in sales for MG since the launch of the MG3 in the UK. MG3 customer deliveries began in November 2013, a month in which sales showed a 257 per cent increase from the previous November. The Longbridge based manufacturer then went on to achieve the best December sales in the company’s history, nearly 30 per cent up on previous years. MG’s parent company, SAIC Motor, achieved record global sales in 2013 of over 5.1 million units; the first Chinese automotive manufacturer to exceed five million units in a year. 230,000 units of this extraordinary end of year figure can be attributed to sales of the MG and Roewe marques worldwide.

ENDS

Note to Editors

MG3

MG3 residual values provided by CDL VIPDATA based MG3 3TIME 2013 5Dr hatchback 1.5L 106 PS EU5 OTR £8,399.00 12 month 12k miles Part-Ex (61% of OTR)

All MG3 specifications are available on PCP from just £99 a month or with zero, 10, 20% or more deposits.

A 31% deposit of just £2,605 secures a 3TIME for £99 per month, increasing to a 38% deposit of £4,171, required to take home a 3STYLE for the same low monthly amount.
    Customers who do not have a deposit to put down can still benefit from fantastic value for money offers. 3TIME is available for 35 monthly payments of just £181.14 with zero deposit increasing across the range up to 3STYLE, available for £218.80.

Representative PCP example of MG3 FORM SPORT:
    35 monthly payments of: £99 Fixed rate of interest per year: 6.68%
    On the road cash price: £9,549 Length of agreement: 36 months
    Customer deposit: £3,423.68 (35.85%) Total amount payable: £10,533.68
    Total amount credit: £6,125.32 Excess mileage per year: £0.09
    Interest charges: £984.68 Based on annual mileage: 10,000pa
    Optional final payment: £3,645 APR representative: 6.9% APR

Full terms and conditions available at www.mg.co.uk/mg3-finance-plans-go-p3rsonal/

Entry level 3TIME costs just £8,399 and features a CD player with MP3 compatibility, LED daytime running lights, hill hold control and a sporty VTi 106 PS petrol engine as standard. Next is the 3FORM, available for £9,299 with MG3 TIME specification, plus Bluetooth and Audio streaming, DAB radio and Climate control. For those customers who prefer a sportier look the 3FORM SPORT is available at £9,549 and adds 16” “Carousel” Alloy Wheels and sporty Side skirts to its already impressive kit list. At the top of the range is the 3STYLE which takes things one step further with 16” “Diamond cut” Alloy wheels, reverse parking sensors, cruise control and automatic lights and windscreen wipers for only £9,999.

MG6

Launched in 2012, the MG6 GT boasts an impressive equipment list whilst retaining an affordable list price, starting at just £15,455 (Petrol GT)/ £16,995 (Diesel GT)/ £19,995 (Magnette Petrol)/ £21,195 (Magnette Diesel). Under the current offers customers automatically upgrade from an S variant to an SE, benefiting from a saving of £1,200 and receiving additional equipment such as satellite navigation, rear parking sensors, cruise control and leather steering wheel. Building on the SE trim, the TSE now offers a saving of £2,000 and features front parking sensors, 18” alloy wheels, rear parking camera, leather trim, Bluetooth, automatic headlights, automatic windscreen wipers and electric heated seats. Customers will be offered the opportunity to upgrade to a Magnette for the same price as a MG6 GT TSE, saving £3,000.
    MG6 GT and MG6 MAGNETTE are now available from just £199* (excl. VAT) for business customers- currently available under the scheme, along with used MG6 VAT qualifying cars up to a year old and with a maximum of 10,000 recorded miles. These rates are supported by ALD Automotive, Europe’s second largest contract hire provider, which manages more than 900,000 vehicles worldwide.
    3 Year Contract Term Includes 30,000 miles & Metallic paint. Excludes Maintenance. 

1st Payment +VAT
    35 Monthly Rentals +VAT
    MG6 GT 1.9 S DTi-TECH Diesel
    £1,610.15
    £199
    MG6 GT 1.9 SE DTi-TECH Diesel
    £1,732.90
    £220
    MG6 GT 1.9 TSE DTi-TECH Diesel
    £1,879.80
    £230
    MG6 MAGNETTE 1.9 TSE DTi-TECH Diesel
    £1,840.95
    £230

About MG Motor

Since the first MG went on sale 90 years ago in 1924, the iconic British brand has become world famous for making stylish cars that are fun to drive and own, at remarkably affordable prices. The latest offering, the MG3 is no exception; the new, small modern MG brings style and fun to a new generation- giving a fresh twist on the innovation, sporty performance and statement style that first made the MG badge famous.

Modern MGs are designed, engineered and undergo final assembly at MG’s historic home in Longbridge, Birmingham. Today, MG is owned by the SAIC Motor Corporation. SAIC Motor is currently rated 103rd in the Fortune 500 and, in 2013, achieved record global sales of over 5.1 million units, an increase of 13.71% on 2012 sales. SAIC Motor is the first Chinese automotive manufacturer to exceed five million units in a year, and 230,000 units of this extraordinary figure can be attributed to sales of the MG and Roewe marques worldwide.
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:45 pm

Press release

13 MARCH 2014MG site tours raise funds for local and national charities

• Donations to Macmillan Cancer Support and Acorns Children's Hospice Trust
    • 400 visitors attended the weekly tour of the historic MG site in 2013
    • Tour includes engineering and technical centre, MG manufacturing facility and conference centre
    • On site museum features a special edition Golden Jubilee MG TF

Longbridge, 13 March 2014. Tours of the historic MG site in Longbridge, Birmingham have raised over £2000 for Macmillan Cancer Support and the Midlands based, Acorns Children's Hospice Trust.
    The tour has been running every Thursday afternoon for the last three years and although free to members of the public, the Midlands based manufacturer encourages a donation from all visitors to go towards MG's supported charities.
    Visitors include various MG car clubs from around the country, student groups from the UK and abroad, private clubs and owners of current and historic MG products. The tour has become a ‘must' for all MG enthusiasts, with hundreds attending every year.
    The tour consists of a visit to the purpose built factory sales centre, featuring the full product line up of current production MGs, as well as used MG vehicles. As all current MGs are designed, engineered and finally assembled at the Longbridge site, the tour includes a visit to SAIC Motor's European Technical Centre (SMTC), a state of the art design and engineering facility, responsible for current MG products in the UK, and a walk through of the manufacturing facility, where current products can be seen on the production line at various stages of the build process. Next is a short presentation recalling the prestigious 90 year history of MG, which takes place in the 360 seater conference auditorium.  A walk around the onsite museum gives visitors a chance to view a selection of historic MG products, including a one-off ‘Jubilee Gold' MG TF created especially for, and used in, the 2002 Golden Jubilee celebrations, and Lord Austin's office, relocated from its original location on site and painstakingly recreated using its original fixtures and fittings. Tours last for approximately two hours and spaces can be booked online atwww.mg.co.uk/factory-tours.
    Laura Richards, corporate fundraising officer at Acorns, commented: "We rely on voluntary donations and fundraising for the majority of the £8m plus needed to run our three Midlands hospices each year. This wouldn't be possible without the support of organisations such as MG. Their donation will make a huge difference to local children and families and on behalf of everyone at Acorns, I'd like to say a big thank you."
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:17 pm

Press release:

17 MARCH 2014
    MG3 is a natural fit for learners and driving schools with He-Man dual controls

MG3s can now be fitted with He-Man dual controls
    Exceptional levels of equipment across all specifications, from only £8,399
    MG3 benefits from an ultra low 4E insurance group and strong residuals of up to 61%
    MG3 available from just £99 a month
    Longbridge, UK, 17 March 2014 - Driving instructors in the UK can now take advantage of the exceedingly low purchase price and exceptional levels of equipment available on the MG3, as the marque announces He-Man dual controls can now be fitted to all specifications of the class leading supermini.

The MG3 offers many attractive features for driving instructors and first time buyers alike, including a low 4E insurance group and residuals of up to 61%. Available in four specifications, the entry level 3TIME, is available from just £8,399, up to the top of the range, 3STYLE for only £9,999. Exceptional levels of equipment are available across the range as standard, as well as class leading interior and boot space. All specifications are available on PCP from just £99 a month.

Entry level 3TIME costs just £8,399 and features a CD player with MP3 compatibility, LED daytime running lights, hill hold control and a sporty VTi 106 PS petrol engine as standard. Next is the 3FORM, available for £9,299 with MG3 TIME specification, plus Bluetooth and Audio streaming, DAB radio and climate control. For those customers who prefer a sportier look, the 3FORM SPORT is available at £9,549 and adds 16" "Carousel" alloy wheels and sporty side skirts to its already impressive kit list. At the top of the range is the 3STYLE, which takes things one step further with 16" "Diamond cut" alloy wheels, reverse parking sensors, cruise control and automatic lights and windscreen wipers for only £9,999.

Since its launch, the MG3 has been a record breaker for the Midlands based manufacturer. Over 1000 MG3 orders and more than 400 registrations have been recorded since launch, with the March number plate change triggering almost 100 registrations in one day. 2013 year end sales figures showed a dramatic increase for MG since the launch of the MG3 in the UK. MG3 customer deliveries began in November 2013, a month in which sales showed a 257 per cent increase from the previous November, the Longbridge manufacturer then went on to achieve the best December sales figures in the company's history.

Multiple retailer appointments have also been announced over the last few weeks, as MG continues to expand the dealer network with ten retailer appointments already this year, including the marque's first presence in London, and a total of 80 retailers expected by the end of the year.

MG's parent company, SAIC Motor, achieved record global sales in 2013 of over 5.1 million units, the first Chinese automotive manufacturer to exceed five million units in a year. 230,000 units of this extraordinary end of year figure can be attributed to sales of the MG and Roewe marques worldwide.

ENDS

Note to Editors

MG3 residual values provided by CDL VIPDATA based MG3 3TIME 2013 5Dr hatchback 1.5L 106 PS EU5 OTR £8,399.00 12 month 12k miles Part-Ex (61% of OTR)

All MG3 specifications are available on PCP from just £99 a month. A 31% deposit of just £2,605 secures a 3TIME for £99 per month, increasing to a 38% deposit of £4,171, required to take home a 3STYLE for the same low monthly amount. Customers who do not have a deposit to put down can still benefit from fantastic value for money offers. 3TIME is available for 35 monthly payments of just £181.14 with zero deposit increasing across the range up to 3STYLE, available for £218.80.

Representative PCP example of MG3 FORM SPORT:

35 monthly payments of: £99 Fixed rate of interest per year: 6.68%
    On the road cash price: £9,549 Length of agreement: 36 months
    Customer deposit: £3,423.68 (35.85%) Total amount payable: £10,533.68
    Total amount credit: £6,125.32 Excess mileage per year: £0.09
    Interest charges: £984.68 Based on annual mileage: 10,000pa
    Optional final payment: £3,645 APR representative: 6.9% APR

Full terms and conditions available at www.mg.co.uk/mg3-finance-plans-go-p3rsonal/

About MG Motor

Modern MGs are designed, engineered and undergo final assembly at MG's historic home in Longbridge, Birmingham. Today, MG is owned by the SAIC Motor Corporation. SAIC Motor is currently rated 103rd in the Fortune 500 and, in 2013, achieved record global sales of over 5.1 million units, an increase of 13.71% on 2012 sales. SAIC Motor is the first Chinese automotive manufacturer to exceed five million units in a year, and 230,000 units of this extraordinary figure can be attributed to sales of the MG and Roewe marques worldwide.

More information is available at www.mg.co.uk/media

Laura Biss, PR Manager

Direct dial:+44 (0)121 251 6535
    Mobile:+44 (0)7837 242 581
    E-mail: laura.biss@mgmotor.co.uk

facebook.com/mgmotor
    @mgmotor
    youtube.com/mg

About He-MAN

He-Man have been designing and manufacturing He-Man Dual Controls since 1931, in this time He-Man has supplied dual controls to all the major UK motor manufacturers and some of the more specialist manufacturers. He-Man has also designed and supplied dual controls for use in other countries both for left and right hand drive vehicles. He-Man is the leading UK dual controls supplier and is the preferred dual control system for most of the motor manufacturers who supply cars to the UK.

17 March 2014
    MG Motor UK
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:40 am

Press Release

19 MARCH 2014
    MG3 is the perfect choice for driving instructors

Berkshire based driving instructor first to teach in a He-Man fitted dual control MG3
    Support by local MG retailer Bulldog MG
    Exceptional levels of equipment across all specifications, from only £8,399 to £9,999
    MG3 benefits from an ultra low 4E insurance group and strong residuals of up to 61%
    All MG3 specifications are available from just £99 a month
    Longbridge, UK, 19 March 2014 - Berkshire based Neil Jackson is the first driving instructor in the UK to offer driving lessons in an MG3 supermini, fitted with He-Man dual controls.

Neil, from Twyford, Berkshire, is a fully qualified driving instructor with many years of experience, having previously trained drivers while working for BSM and the Armed Forces. He first saw the MG3 on the forecourt of his local MG dealership, Bulldog MG, last year and knew straight away he had to have one.

Neil previously offered driving tuition in his 2 year old 1.3 litre Vauxhall Corsa and although the MG3 is a brand new car which comes with a larger 1.5 litre engine, his insurance premium has remained exactly the same, due to the MG3's ultra low 4E insurance group, strong residuals and low purchase price.

"I have found the all around visibility is extremely good, the comfort of the car is excellent and when you are in the car for ten hours a day, comfort is important! It's very smooth, especially when driving at low speeds, which is what we are doing most of the time. One of the highlights for me is the incredible reduction in road noise from my previous vehicle. I used to tell clients to find the biting point by listening to the engine, but they can't because they can't hear it! They have to do it by the feel of the clutch; it's a lot better in that sense. I have not had a student yet that didn't like the car. All of them have enjoyed driving it."

Neil opted for the top of the range, 3STYLE specification; "It is very well equipped for the money, that's one of the things that interested me in the first place. When I got into the car, it felt really good, the steering is really positive steering, the features included as standard are incredible; everything you can think of is there - cruise control, parking sensors, Bluetooth, automatic lights and wipers. It's fantastic value for money. I would recommend the car to customers as their first car, everyone who gets into it loves it. I saw a client last night and when I told him that the MG3 is available from only £8,399, he couldn't believe it and, having driven it too, wants to order one for himself."

Like Neil, all driving Instructors in the UK can now take advantage of the exceptional value for money and exceedingly high levels of equipment available on the MG3, as He-Man dual controls can now be fitted to all specifications of the class leading supermini, available on PCP from just £99 a month.
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:20 am

Press release:

25 MARCH 2014

• Debut of iconic British brand in Thailand ahead of full market launch in June

• MG's first presence at 35th Bangkok International Motor Show
    • Parent company SAIC's assembly plant based in Rayong province nears completion
    • MG manufacturing facility for local and ASEAN markets

Longbridge, UK, 24 March 2014- MG continues 90th year celebrations as the marque expands its global network into Thailand, making a debut appearance at the 35th Bangkok International Motorshow.
    The MG marque celebrates a move into Thailand as the iconic British automotive manufacturer displays UK designed and engineered MG6 models at this year's Bangkok International Motor Show. The show represents a target audience for the Longbridge based manufacturer as parent company SAIC's Rayong province based assembly plant nears completion.
    Since 2008, MG Motor UK has been owned by Chinese automotive giant, SAIC Motor; a Fortune 500 company, which, in 2013 became the first Chinese automotive manufacturer to achieve record sales of over 5.1 million units a year. 230,000 units of this extraordinary figure have been attributed sales of the MG and Roewe marques worldwide.
    Global MG sales are set to increase further in 2014, as SAIC's latest assembly plant, situated in Rayong's Hemaraj Eastern Seaboard Industrial Estate, is expected to be fully operational by June this year. The new production facility is the result of joint venture between SAIC and the Charoen Pokphand Group, one of Thailand's largest companies; SAIC Motor- CP Co. Ltd. The plant will become a manufacturing base of iconic British car brand, MG, serving both local and ASEAN markets.  
    President of SAIC Motor-CP Co. Ltd, Mr. Wu Huan said: "The public debut of the MG6 in Thailand is the opportunity for the Thai market to see the new MG6 before it arrives on Thai roads. All nine cars on display were built locally at the production facility in Rayong province. The presence of MG in this year's Bangkok International Motor show is a key part of MG's 90 year anniversary celebrations in 2014."
    In the UK, sales of MG6 GT and Magnette variants are set to improve in 2014 thanks to the decrease in CO2 emissions for Diesel variants (from 139g/Km to 129g/Km) making the model a viable fleet option for the first time. Current Q1 offers allow customers to benefit even further with free upgrades on all Petrol and Diesel MG6 specifications, a saving of up to £3,000, until 31 March 2014. Lease offers are also available on all variants from only £199 a month.
    The 35th Bangkok International Motor show runs from 26 March to 6 April 2014. The MG stand is situated in booth A15, Impact Challenger Hall 2, Muangthong Thani.

Notes to Editors

Founded in 2013, SAIC Motor- CP Co. Ltd is a joint venture company formed between (SAIC), the largest automotive company in China, and the Charoen Pokphand Group (CP), one of Thailand's largest companies. SAIC Motor- CP Co Ltd's Thailand based assembly plant, based in Rayong province, due to be completed in June this year, will become a manufacturing base of iconic British brand MG, serving both local and ASEAN markets.

MG Sales (Thailand) Co. Ltd is based in Bangkok and will be responsible for Sales, Marketing, After-Sales service and the Dealer network in Thailand.
    About MG Motor
    Modern MGs are designed, engineered and undergo final assembly at MG's historic home in Longbridge, Birmingham. 
    Today, MG is owned by the SAIC Motor Corporation. SAIC Motor is currently rated 103rd in the Fortune 500 and, in 2013, achieved record global sales of over 5.1 million units, an increase of 13.71% on 2012 sales. SAIC Motor is the first Chinese automotive manufacturer to exceed five million units in a year, and 230,000 units of this extraordinary figure can be attributed to sales of the MG and Roewe marques worldwide.
    About SAIC Motor Corporation

Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation (SAIC) Motor Corporation is a Chinese state-owned automotive manufacturing company with headquarters located in Shanghai, China. SAIC is the number one automotive company in China and is currently ranked 103rd in the Fortune 500. In 2012, SAIC produced the largest volume of any Chinese automotive manufacturer to date, totalling more than 4.5 million units. In 2013, SAIC achieved record global sales of over 5.1 million units, an increase of 13.71% on 2012 sale, and became the first Chinese automotive manufacturer to exceed five million units in a year. 230,000 units of this extraordinary end of year figure can be attributed to sales of the MG and Roewe marques worldwide.

Established in the 1940s, SAIC traces its origins to the early years of the Chinese automobile industry. SAIC has been joint ventured with General Motors since 1998, and Volkswagen since 1985. The joint venture with VW is the oldest surviving manufacture joint venture in the global automotive industry. SAIC products sell under a variety of brand names, including those of its joint venture partners. Two notable brands owned by SAIC are MG, the historic British car marque, and Roewe, one of the few domestic Chinese luxury car brands. Overall investment by SAIC into the UK via the UK Technical Centre exceeds £250 million since formation, and SAIC Group has continued to invest heavily into operations in the UK, with notable projects that include the addition of a new European Design studio -  now the fifth largest in the UK - and Engine Testing facilities. The development of future new Group products continues apace in the UK and points to an exciting and successful future for the company.
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:36 pm

patpending wrote:One of the highlights for me is the incredible reduction in road noise from my previous vehicle. I used to tell clients to find the biting point by listening to the engine, but they can't because they can't hear it!
    Does that make it a good car for learning in then Question 

Maybe it means that they need extra lessons which of course increases profits  Wink 
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:56 pm

Press release (sourced directly from the website!) http://mg.co.uk/news/2014/03/28/btcc-2014-season-gets-underway-at-brands-hatch/

28TH MAR 2014
    News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 15 380
    [size=32]BTCC 2014 SEASON GETS UNDERWAY AT BRANDS HATCH

The Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship roars back into life this weekend with the first three races of the 2014 season at iconic Brands Hatch circuit in Kent.

MG once again take to the grid with the successful MG6 GT model that has consistently fought at the front of the pack since a famous race winning debut - again at Brands Hatch in 2012.

2013 was to prove another roller coaster year for the MG KX Momentum team and despite taking the most wins during the year through the 99 car driven by Touring Car legend Jason Plato, it was ultimately a case of so near and yet so far for him and his rookie team mate, Sam Tordoff, as Jason had to settle for third place in the overall drivers standings whilst the team finished as runners up in the team title challenge to their fierce rivals in the Honda Yuasa Racing Team.

This year sees two important developments to the MG presence in the BTCC, firstly with the rebranding of the manufacturer team to MG KX Clubcard Fuel Save racing to promote the great new initiative being offered by our team partners Tesco. With a bold new look, we are all looking forward to seeing Jason and Sam push on from their successful 2013 campaigns and, hopefully, bring home a title or two come October.

The second piece of exciting news is the first run out of a brand new MG6 GT at Brands Hatch. Like the MG KX Clubcard Fuel Save cars, this third MG is prepared by the highly respected Triple8 Race Engineering team. Led by principal Ian Harrison, Triple8 are simply the most successful engineering team in the history of the British Touring Car Championship.

Driven by Marc Hynes and running under the Quantel Bifold team banner, this car will compete in the independents trophy meaning that for the first time, MG fans will have someone to route for in each of the fascinating different battles that make up a BTCC race weekend.

You can get up dates on qualifying and the races through twitter.com/mgmotor; Facebook.com/ mgmotor or you can watch all the action online at the ITV Sport website and race day is live on ITV4 from 11.30am.

One thing's for sure, you are not going to want to miss this.
    [/size]
    News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 15 Lg-share-en
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:57 pm

Press release:

4 APRIL 2014
    MG is fastest growing car brand in UK

• MG celebrates 90th anniversary in 2014 with record growth in Q1

• SMMT figures released today show highest growth of any manufacturer in UK in Q1 2014

• More MGs sold in Q1 2014 than in total in 2013

• Success driven by new MG3 supermini, diesel MG6 and strong finance offers

• Sales growth also from major dealer network expansion

Longbridge, UK, 04 April 2014 - Figures announced by the SMMT today show MG as the fastest growing manufacturer in the UK for both March, and 2014 year to date.
    As the perfect celebration for the marque's 90th anniversary year, MG Motor UK has recorded the best ever Q1 sales performance as year to date sales increase by 574 per cent. The success of the iconic British brand is due to the launch of the MG3 supermini, introduction of a high-tech diesel engine in MG6 and rapidly expanding dealer network in the UK.
    The new range of MGs are designed and engineered in the state of the art European Design and Technical Centre, and assembled in the factory, both located at the MG site in Longbridge, Birmingham.
    Priced from only £8,399 to £9,999, the new MG3 supermini offers an unbeatable combination of distinctive style with great driving dynamics, and represents exceptional value for money, with an ultra low insurance group of 4E, strong residuals of up to 61 per cent, and high levels of equipment on all specifications as standard. Over one million personalisation options are also available, with a wide range of exterior and interior options, including exterior graphics, interior finishers, wheels and mirror caps.  Customers can Go Personal and explore the many combinations available via the online configurator on the company's website: www.mg.co.uk/mg3/configurator 
    Standard specification on all MG3s includes electronic hill hold, CD audio with MP3 compatibility, distinctive signature LED daytime running lights, six airbags and a sporty 106PS engine.  The 3FORM model adds Bluetooth and audio streaming, DAB radio and climate control. 3FORM SPORT adds 16" "Carousel" alloy wheels and sporty side skirts. 3STYLE is top of the range, with 16" "Diamond cut" Alloy wheels, reverse parking sensors, cruise control and automatic headlights and windscreen wipers as standard.
    The MG6 also boasts an impressive equipment list, with class leading interior space and MG driving dynamics available in both a sporty GT Fastback GT Magnette saloon body styles.  Prices start at just £15,455 for the range which includes the new 350 Nm, 150 PS, six speed stop-start diesel engine. With emissions of only 129g/Km of CO2, the MG6 is also road tax exempt for the first year, and only £100 a year to tax thereafter.During Q2, MG6 customers can benefit from a free specification upgrade on all petrol and diesel models.  Customers can upgrade from an S variant to an SE, benefiting from additional equipment such as satellite navigation, rear parking sensors, cruise control and leather steering wheel, a saving of £1,200. Building on the SE trim, the TSE features front parking sensors, 18" alloy wheels, rear parking camera, leather trim, Bluetooth, automatic headlights, automatic windscreen wipers and electric heated seats, now offering a saving of £2,000. MG6 GT TSE customers will be offered the opportunity to upgrade to a Magnette, saving £3,000.
    Supporting the expansion of the product range is a major expansion in the UK dealer network with 10 new dealers joining the MG franchise so far in 2014. All dealers are able to offer strong finance PCP offers on MG6 from only £199 a month, and on all MG3 specifications, from just £99 a month or with zero, 10, 20% or more deposits.
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:39 am

Press release:

7 APRIL 2014

MG boosts offers for start of Q2

• MG3 three year fixed-price servicing package now available

• Specification upgrades available on all MG6s, saving up to £3000
    • 150PS diesel MG6 remains at zero tax in first year after changes to VED
    • MG3 and MG6 Motability offers with nil deposit on high-spec MG6 SE
    • March 2014 SMMT figures confirm MG as the fastest growing car brand in the UK
    • MG celebrates 90th anniversary in 2014 with record growth in Q1

Longbridge, UK, 07 April 2014 - MG announces quarter two offers on both MG3 and MG6 models for 2014, the Midlands based manufacturer's 90th anniversary year.
    MG3 now offers complete peace of mind with a three years fixed servicing package, MG CARE3, the ultimate in carefree ownership, available for a one off payment of only £550 including parts, labour and VAT. The class leading supermini is exceptional value for money with an ultra low 4E insurance group, strong residuals of up to 61 per cent, high levels of equipment on all specifications as standard and now, even lower servicing costs. All MG3 specifications are also available on PCP from just £99 a month or with zero, 10, 20% or more deposits.
    Under MG CARE3, MG's rapidly expanding authorised repair network provides customers with three scheduled services, covering the first three years of ownership or first 45,000 miles.  There are currently 43 MG retailers throughout the UK, with this figure likely to double to by the end of the year.
    The MG Motability programme benefits from a nil deposit offer on MG3 and MG6. MG3 3TIME and 3FORM specifications are available on constant lease for below the DLA or PIP award total allowance, from just £55.50 a week. 3TIME features a CD player with MP3 compatibility, LED daytime running lights, hill hold control and a sporty VTi 106 PS petrol engine as standard. For those looking for a bit more for not a lot more, 3FORM adds Bluetooth and audio streaming, DAB radio and climate control. The MG6 SE features exceptionally high levels of equipment as standard, including built in Bluetooth, front and rear parking sensors, cruise control and satellite navigation with 27 nation coverage and lifetime TMC traffic avoidance.
    The MG6 boasts an impressive equipment list whilst retaining an affordable list price, starting at just £15,455. Under the current specification upgrade offer, all MG6 customers automatically upgrade from an S variant to an SE, benefiting from a saving of £1,200 and receiving additional equipment such as satellite navigation, rear parking sensors, cruise control and leather steering wheel. Building on the SE trim, the TSE now offers a saving of £2,000 and features front parking sensors, 18" alloy wheels, rear parking camera, leather trim, Bluetooth, automatic headlights, automatic windscreen wipers and electric heated seats. Magnette customers will be offered the opportunity to upgrade to an MG6 GT SE, saving £3,000. PCP offers are available on all MG6 variants from only £199 a month.
    Thanks to a decrease in CO2 emissions for Diesel variants for 2014 (from 139g/Km to 129g/Km) the MG6 is a  viable fleet option for the first time, as well as being road tax exempt for the first year and costing only £110 a year to tax thereafter, despite changes to VED.
    ENDS
    Notes to editors
    Representative PCP example of MG3 TIME with Q2 offer:
    35 monthly payments of:                      Fixed rate of interest per year:  0%
    On the road cash price:                                             Length of agreement:  36 months
    Customer deposit:  £0 (0%)                   Total amount payable:
    Total amount credit:                                                  Excess mileage per year:  £0.09
    Interest charges:                                                         Based on annual mileage: 10,000pa
    Optional final payment:                                           APR representative: 0%
    All MG3 specifications are available on PCP from just £99 a month or with zero, 10, 20% or more deposits.  Full terms and conditions available at www.mg.co.uk/mg3-finance-plans-go-p3rsonal/
    News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 15 Mgq2offers
    Mobility MG3 constant lease rates fall below total allowance, meaning that not all DLA or PIP award needs to be surrendered:
    MG3 3TIME:                                                                £55.50 weekly
    MG3 3FORM:                                                              £56.15 weekly
    About MG Motor
    Modern MGs are designed, engineered and undergo final assembly at MG's historic home in Longbridge, Birmingham.  Today, MG is owned by the SAIC Motor Corporation. SAIC Motor is currently rated 103rd in the Fortune 500 and, in 2013, achieved record global sales of over 5.1 million units, an increase of 13.71% on 2012 sales. SAIC Motor is the first Chinese automotive manufacturer to exceed five million units in a year, and 230,000 units of this extraordinary figure can be attributed to sales of the MG and Roewe marques worldwide.

Laura Biss, PR Manager

Direct dial: +44 (0)121 251 6535
    Mobile: +44 (0)7837 242 581
    E-mail: laura.biss@mgmotor.co.uk
    Twitter: @laurabiss

facebook.com/mgmotor
    @mgmotor
    youtube.com/mg

7 April 2014
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:44 am

patpending wrote:There are currently 43 MG retailers throughout the UK, with this figure likely to double to by the end of the year.
    That should push the sales figures up a bit  Fish 
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:34 am

Windy wrote:
    patpending wrote:There are currently 43 MG retailers throughout the UK, with this figure likely to double to by the end of the year.
    That should push the sales figures up a bit  Fish 

true, but that's four new dealers every single month and no recent activity!
    Jobbybob
    Jobbybob

Number of posts : 44
    Registration date : 2013-12-24

Post by Jobbybob Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:04 am

The dealer names will generally appear on the dealer list before they are formally announced.

To me 'Falmouth Garages' and 'Purbeck MG' seem to be new. They are buried among the aftersales outlets on the list.
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:37 am

Jobbybob wrote:The dealer names will generally appear on the dealer list before they are formally announced.

To me 'Falmouth Garages' and 'Purbeck MG' seem to be new. They are buried among the aftersales outlets on the list.
    Quite right, JB, first heard about them half an hour ago and looking for the official blurb - it wasn't in today's press releases.

Detail I found for them (which I have so far been unable to verify)

Falmouth Garages,
    9- 13 Church Rd,
    Penryn,
    Cornwall,
    TR10 8DA.

Purbeck MG,
    North St,
    Wareham,
    Dorset,
    BH20 4AE.

Sponsored content