MGUK

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
snifferdog1
Podders
simcor
Morris Motors
adaveabbott
Dorset Rocket
Dynamo
Steven211
Jerry Zedman
Roverman
mckenzie1971
Wasequiped
docjunior2008
MartinZT
BurnleyRover
ZTsteve
DillTheDog
DougN
richardk
skyblueads
dentricrio
Perkins
Windy
27 posters

News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd

patpending
    patpending

Number of posts : 3005
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 17 Empty Re: News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd

Post by patpending Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:15 am

Press release:

11th Dec 2014
    News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 17 380
    MG WINS GOLD AT LONDON DESIGN AWARDS
    MG scooped the Gold award in the Product Design Concept category for its MG3 Design Concept.  The award was announced by Mark Bergin, Founder and CEO of design100 at the prestigious London Design Awards held at the Truman Brewery in London. 
    MG exhibited a concept for future personalisation of its successful new MG3 supermini at Superbrands, part of the London Design Festival, where more than 280 companies from 29 countries showcased their design talent.  The Design Concept was created by 24 year old Louise Thorburn, Colour and Trim designer at MG and drew inspiration from her degree dissertation in textile design for a future in which we would develop second skins as body adornment.  This vision was then translated into an automotive context on the MG3.
    Alongside the Design Concept, MG also launched three new exterior personalisation packs for the MG3, created by the Louise and her colleagues in the UK design centre, inspired by the latest trends in British fashion.  They are now on sale as part of the new MG3 collection.
    Speaking at the event, Louise said: “I am delighted to have had the opportunity with MG to develop from my graduate collection in such a unique way, exploring my vision of the future of automotive personalisation.  People are increasingly looking to personalise small cars like the MG3 to match their personality, in the same way as they do with their home or fashion style.  Having looked at how jewellery and fashion is used as a means of self expression, I wanted translate this theme in an automotive context.”
    Martin Uhlarik, head of the UK Design Centre, said: “Vehicle personalisation has traditionally been a male dominated process, but with women often accounting for more than half of the buyers for products in this sector, we wanted to explore the future from a female perspective.”
    “Louise was given free reign in this project, without the influence of the male designers, to show how she sees personalisation developing. The result is something really quite different from historical designs and we are delighted at the reaction we have had to the concept, the process and the new designs that have just gone on sale.”
    The latest collection of MG3 personalisation graphics, includes the three new designs previewed at Superbrands, called Boutique, Candy and Waves. These new additions join the existing range of more than one million options currently available in the MG3 range, starting from just £39.00 fitted.
    MG3 personalisation options have already been phenomenally successful for the Midland’s based manufacturer since the supermini’s launch last year and the range now offers an even wider range of choices.  All options can been seen on the MG3 configurator at www.mg.co.uk/mg3/configurator.
    Launched in September 2013, the MG3 benefits from an ultra low 4E insurance group, strong residuals of up to 61 per cent, exceptional interior and boot space, class leading chassis and driving dynamics and high levels of equipment on all specifications as standard. There are also more than one million personalisation options as well as exceptional value for money aftercare packages to choose from. The MG3 is priced from only £8,399 to £9,999, or on PCP with zero percent deposit or from only £99 a month.
    The MG3 was recently selected by Autocar as one of its Best 50 Cars on Sale Today, ranking alongside exotic models from the likes of Ferrari, Aston Martin and Porsche. Leading motoring guru Andrew Frankel ranked the MG3 ahead of cars such as the Audit TT and Vauxhall VXR8 GTS.
    Since it was launched the MG3 has played a key role in the incredible sales success of MG, which is now Britain’s fastest growing brand. Official figures from the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT) show that MG sales have increased by 472 per cent so far this year. The industry average is 9.4 per cent. 

patpending
    patpending

News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 17 Empty MG LEADS UK CAR INDUSTRY GROWTH IN 2014

Post by patpending Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:16 pm

Press Release

• MG is officially the fastest growing automotive brand in 2014

• 361% growth over 2013 vs industry average of 9%
    • Growth from MG3 supermini and diesel MG6 new product launches
    • Major expansion of UK national dealer network
    • Sales result completes celebrations of 90th anniversary of MG in 2014

Longbridge, Birmingham, 7 January 2015 - MG was confirmed today as the fastest growing automotive brand for 2014 according to the latest figures released by SMMT.  The iconic British brand grew sales by 361% following a highly successful launch of its new MG3 supermini, a major expansion of the dealer network and the addition of a new performance diesel powertrain in the MG6.
    The record sales results provided the perfect end to MG's 90th anniversary year after claiming victory as manufacturer's champions in the Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship in October and winning gold at the London Design Awards for the MG Design Concept in December.
    Sales of the MG6 grew with the addition of a new 350 Nm, six-speed, performance diesel fitted with stop-start technology to achieve 129g CO2 that delivers £0 first year road tax. Voted by customers as the winner of Best Handling and sixth overall Best Car to Own in the 2014 Auto Express Driver Power Awards, the MG6 is already a favourite with MG owners for its drivability, affordability and exceptionally high levels of equipment included as standard. Now the MG6 is even more appealing as all specifications are available from just £15,455 to £19,995.
    The MG3 supermini, priced from just £8,399 to £9,999, accounted for seventy seven per cent of MG sales in 2014. MG3 benefits from an ultra low 4E insurance group on all models and the top of the range 3Style model offering diamond cut alloy wheels, sports seats, body kit, Bluetooth, DAB audio, electronic hill hold, LED daytime running lights and six airbags, all for under £10,000.  There are also over one million personalisation options, a flexible warranty up to 5 years or 100,000 miles, low cost fixed price servicing packages and PCP finance packages from £99 a month so you can Go Personal for the most affordable prices in the market.
    To support the expansion in sales, the national dealer network grew significantly in 2014 with an additional 24 new dealers in locations across the UK including Glasgow, Newcastle, Leicester, Coventry, Bicester, Brecon, Norwich, West London, Swindon, Maidstone, Exeter, Falmouth and Newtownabbey and Bangor in Northern Ireland. Further new dealers are already in the process to be appointed in 2015.
    The successful return of the MG brand to the UK and over 40 other global markets has been driven by the massive investment in UK design, engineering and assembly by MG's parent company SAIC Motor.  SAIC Motor entered the Global Fortune top 100 in 85th position in 2014, with 2013 yearly sales of 5.1 million and sales revenues of $92 billion.
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:27 am

Press release:

26th Jan 2015
    MG3, 2, 1 Go! MG’s new race star revs up for start of 2015 BTCC season
    MG’s new race star, Andrew Jordan, laid down the gauntlet when he visited the iconic Longbridge factory to mark the three-month countdown to the start of the new British Touring Car Championship (BTCC) season at Brands Hatch (4/5 April).
    Looking lean and mean, the ultra-quick driver who became the youngest ever champion in the history of the Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship when he captured the winner’s crown in 2013, said he was determined to re-claim the championship again in 2015.
    Last year MG and Triple Eight Racing took the BTCC Manufacturer/Constructor title and Andrew visited the MG factory to get an insight into MG, the fastest growing car brand in the UK.     
    Accompanied by his father Mike, an ever-present guide in Andrew’s hugely impressive career, Andrew (25) had a peek behind the scenes into some of the operations at MG’s Birmingham headquarters.
    Representatives from Pirtek UK, one of MG’s new partners supporting the Triple Eight Racing prepared MG6’s and Andrew’s longest running sponsor under the ‘Pirtek Racing’ banner, were also shown around the iconic Longbridge site.
    Andrew and his fellow guests were able to gain an insight into the MG business both in the UK and abroad and he was introduced to a variety of people involved in designing, engineering and building the fast-selling MG3 and multi-award winning MG6.
    With his Triple Eight race engineered MG6 GT now ready to start its pre-season testing programme, Andrew said he was just itching to get behind the wheel for the first time.
    Meanwhile he collected his new MG3 from the MG Sales Centre, based at the factory site and the sales team enjoyed showing their newest celebrity customer the wide range of features and benefits that his new car has to offer.
    Andrew said: “I just can’t wait to get started. I love the MG3, it’s a really funky little machine. I love the detail in everything down to the seats and even the red trim on the mats. I’m looking forward to giving it a good run out when we go testing in February and March.
    “I think we’re going to have a really competitive season and there’s a few things that we’re looking to try out that I’m confident will help us bring even more out of the MG6, which has proven to be a really competitive package. Make no mistake about it, I’m here to win.” 
    MG’s Head of Marketing, Matthew Cheyne, said: “It was a real pleasure to welcome Andrew, Mike and the team from Pirtek UK to Longbridge. We’re confident that with Andrew and Triple Eight Racing in tandem, we are going to have a great year on the track. But we’re also very excited at the prospects off track too as we develop relationships with our new team partners Pirtek Racing.
    “Andrew looks great in his MG3 and we know he will help bring this car to a wider audience, just as his racing will continue to do with the MG6.
    “It was a bit of an eye-opener when he asked the MG Sales Centre team to pre-set Radio 1 on the DAB radio in the MG3, but then you have to remember that despite already being an experienced racer and champion, he’s still a very young driver and that’s doubly exciting for the future.”

News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 17 240
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:36 am

Press release

27th Jan 2015
    MG crowned BTCC manufacturer champions by FIA President Jean Todt
    MG joined the elite of British motor sport at the MSA Night of Champions, to celebrate winning the 2014 MSA British Touring Car manufacturer trophy.
    The event, held at the prestigious Royal Automobile Club on London’s Pall Mall, was hosted by broadcasters Steve Ryder and Louise Goodman. Alan Gow, Chairman of the Motor Sports Association (MSA) welcomed the winners whilst FIA president Jean Todt and Formula 1 and motorcycling legend John Surtees crowned the champions of UK motor sport’s most prestigious titles. 
    Jean Todt presented MG with the 2014 MSA British Touring Car Championship manufacturer trophy following a thrilling year of racing that saw the Triple Eight Racing works MG6GTs defeat four times champions Honda.
    Victory in the BTCC completed a fantastic 90th anniversary year for MG that saw the iconic brand become the fastest growing automotive brand in the UK, with sales increasing 361% over 2013.  A major expansion of the national dealer network played a key part in the sales growth, with an additional 24 new dealers in locations across the UK including Glasgow, Newcastle, Leicester, Coventry, Bicester, Brecon, Norwich, West London, Swindon, Maidstone, Exeter, Falmouth and Newtownabbey and Bangor in Northern Ireland. Further new dealers are already in the process of being appointed in 2015.
    The MG6 also performed on the road receiving major accolades from its customers, who voted it Best Handling car in the 2014 Auto Express Driver Power survey.  The MG brand was also voted the third best brand to own in Britain’s largest car owner survey.
    After receiving the trophy from Jean Todt, Matthew Cheyne, Head of Marketing for MG, said: “I am delighted to be celebrating this achievement and the fact that we have just successfully completed the negotiations to return and defend our title in 2015 with Triple Eight Racing.
    “The team and drivers did a great job in 2014 to secure the manufacturer title for MG and with Andrew Jordan and Pirtek already on board this year; we are looking forward to challenging for both the drivers and manufacturers titles in 2015.”
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:54 pm

I note that it was Matthew Cheyne who accepted the trophy.
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:00 am

Press release:

Britain's top-selling MG dealer just can't stop celebrating - or selling cars!

W.H.Brand, based near Spalding, Lincolnshire, won the accolade of ‘Top Performing MG dealer of 2014' and also clinched the trophy for the country's ‘Top Selling MG3' dealer.
    Now the family-run firm has celebrated 90 years in business and threw a party for more than 250 guests at the showroom in the small Fenland village of Whaplode Drove.
    The celebrations also coincided with the 90th birthday of Fred Brand, the son of the firm's founder, William Horace Brand. Fred showed off a classic 1949 speedway bike - he took up the sport to earn money to build a new garage for the business.
    While customers tucked into a fish and chips supper on a London double-decker bus parked outside the showrooms, Sales Manager Adam Brand - great grandson of the firm's founder - just couldn't stop himself from selling MGs.
    Adam said: "It was purely a party to mark our 90th anniversary and Fred's 90thbirthday, but I was chatting away to a customer I've known for years and before you knew it, I had an order for an MG6 Magnette.
    "Ten minutes later the same thing happened and someone ordered an MG3 and then yesterday someone else rang up and ordered another MG3. I didn't really sell the cars - they sold themselves! Taking on the MG franchise was the best business decision we have ever made.
    "We seem to have been celebrating for weeks on end, but we're not complaining. We've got our eyes set on retaining the winner's awards this year and it seems our customers are keen to help us."
    During the 90th celebrations, W.H. Brand's customers and suppliers raised nearly £500 for the Lincs and Notts Air Ambulance charity.
    W.H. Brand joined the growing MG dealer network in December 2013 and covers Spalding, Peterborough and a large rural area covering parts of Lincolnshire and Cambridgeshire.
    In the last 12 months the number of MG dealers has almost doubled. There are currently 56 MG dealerships and 10 after sales outlets across the country. More dealers will be appointed in the coming months. 

News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 17 10898089_696682090452672_5182778521919634446_n

News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 17 WHBrand-90th-BDay

News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 17 WH-Brand-Team%5B01%5D
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:21 am

Press release:

Race Ace falls for MG3
    Race ace Andrew Jordan loves his MG off the track as much as he does his race -prepared MG6 on the tarmac.
    Andrew will contest the Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship this year in an MG Triple Eight Racing MG6, while off the track he’s behind the wheel of an MG3.
    After just a month of driving the MG3 the 2013 BTCC champion has, like thousands of other MG3 drivers, clearly fallen for the super-mini’s charms. Andrew said: “I don’t want this to sound too gushing and fake, but the MG3 is probably the nicest road car I’ve ever used.
    “For under ten grand, it’s an excellent run around, and my Dad loves it. He’s actually really tempted to go and get one; the quality, performance and value are great. It’s a super little smart car.
    “I use it all the time,” said the new MG racing star. “It’s a great little car and it packs a punch.”
    On the track Andrew has got to grips with the racing MG6 in early shake down runs at Brands Hatch and is equally impressed with the race car. He added: “
    The car is great, as you’d expect from a 2014 championship manufacturer winner, it’s very quick and rides the kerbs well.
    “I’m looking forward to visiting Thruxton next week for more testing because there’s a lot I want to try there and I’m really excited about trying to get even more out of the MG because I love the track.”
    The 2015 BTCC season opens at the Brands Hatch circuit on April 4/5March.
    Last year MG and Triple Eight Racing took the BTCC Manufacturer/Constructor title and off-track, MG was the fastest growing brand in Britain.
    In the last 12 months the number of MG dealers has almost doubled. There are currently 56 MG dealerships and 10 after sales outlets across the country. More dealers will be appointed in the coming months.  
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:36 pm

Press Release http://mg.co.uk/news/2015/02/25/young-guns-mg-dream-comes-true/

25th Feb 2015
    Young gun’s MG dream comes true
    MG fan Jack Goff has landed his dream job – behind the wheel of an MG Triple Eight Racing car in the 2015 Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship.
    Jack, at the tender age of 23, has years of racing history behind him. He started in karts when he was just six-years-old and celebrated his 18th birthday driving an MG ZR 190 in the MG Trophy Cup, winning on his debut and smashing the series lap record at Oulton Park and claiming eight podium finishes during the 2009 season.
    Now Jack joins BTCC 2013 champion Andrew Jordan to complete the MG Triple Eight Racing team to defend the Manufacturer/Constructor title which MG wrestled from the hands of Honda last year.
    Motor sport pundits began monitoring Jack’s career in earnest after he clinched the Air Asia Renault Clio Cup, one of the BTCC Touring Car Championship support races, in 2012 before stepping up to the championship the following year. .
    Last year Jack finished 15th in the championship with ten top ten finishes including an eighth spot in the closing race of the year at Brands Hatch, the venue for the start of the 2015 season on April 4/5.
    Jack, from Stokenchurch, Bucks, said: “MG is a fantastic marque. I started my track driving with MGs in the MG Trophy Championship in the ZR and having had seven MGs in my lifetime, I have a real soft spot for them.
    “I spent a lot of hours in the garage working on my MG racecars over the years!  MG has one of the most devoted and passionate sets of supporters of any car manufacturer. To have that support, hopefully, is going to be a real bonus. It’s a brand that gets into your blood so I can’t wait to do well for the team this year.
    “Triple Eight has a big reputation for winning. You walk around the factory and there are trophies everywhere. I wouldn’t say there is pressure on me to perform because of that, but it gives you confidence in your performance before you’ve turned a wheel.”
    Jack added: “These guys make up arguably the best touring car team in the world so the only pressure on me comes from myself. I have come here expecting to win races.”
    Triple Eight Racing’s Managing Director, Ian Harrison, thinks that the 2015 driver line-up is the perfect combination of young talent coupled with racing experience and enthusiasm.
    He said: “Jack sitting alongside Andrew ticks all the right boxes for MG and the team. We plan to continue to win races, take podiums and lock out front-rows so that the MG Triple Eight Racing MG6s dominate the grid. Everybody remembers the 2013 last round at Brands where Jack went wheel-to-wheel with Gordon Shedden and we need him to try to replicate that, on a regular basis.”
    MG’s Head of Marketing, Matthew Cheyne, predicts fireworks from race one of the 2015 season. He said: “Jack completes a fantastic team and everyone is really fired up for the season.
    “Last year we won the Manufacturers/Constructors championship on the track and off the track MG had a string of successes, including the MG6 being voted the Best Handling car in Britain in the Auto Express Driver Power Awards and MG was the fastest growing brand in Britain.
    “We know how passionate MG fans are about motor sport so it’s great that the MG Triple Eight Racing team produced the goods last year and we just can’t wait for the 2015 campaign to open.”
    In the last 12 months, the number of MG dealers has almost doubled. There are currently nearly 60 MG dealerships and 10 after sales outlets across the country. News of more new dealer appointments will be made shortly. 

patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:10 am

Press release:

http://mg.co.uk/news/2015/02/26/mgs-latest-dealer-too-busy-to-party-/

26th Feb 2015
    MG’s latest dealer too busy to party!
    MG has appointed its first new dealer in 2015 – but staff are too busy taking new car orders to celebrate!
    Telford MG opened a £1-million new showroom in the heart of the town’s ‘motor alley’ and sold a new MG33STYLE to a delighted 21-year-old Alix Lye on the opening day. 
    Alix is a barista at her local Costa Coffee and the MG3 has been the centre of  coffee shop conversations.
    Last year MG was the fastest growing brand in Britain and it looks as if motorists in Telford intend to keep it that way in 2015. James Martin, Managing Director, of Telford MG, part of the Budgen Motor Group, said: “We have been inundated with enquiries as soon as people heard we were going to sell MGs.
    “We were thinking of having a party on the opening day, but we’ve had so much interest – especially with the new March registration looming – that we’ve had to put that back to April.”
    MG’s dealer network is growing at the fastest rate in the brand’s 91 year history. Last year 24 new sales dealerships and two new After Sales dealers were appointed. The expansion will continue throughout 2015 and details of more new MG appointments will be announced in the coming months.
    James said: “It’s great to be part of the new MG success story. We’ve invested heavily with more than £1-million being spent on new showrooms and workshop bays and we have every confidence in the brand for the future.
    “If our MG business grows the way we think it will, we could be looking to take on new people and all the early signs are that there’s a huge demand for MG in Telford and throughout Shropshire.
    “The MG3 is an incredible value-for-money package and the MG6 is hugely underrated. Once people test drive the new MGs they are impressed by the quality, high specification levels, value and of course they way the cars drive and handle. It’s just great to see MG back.”
    Telford MG is part of the Budgen Motor Group family-owned business going back almost 40 years. The new 180 square metre purpose-built showrooms are on Stafford Park 1 and includes a five-bay workshop.
    The business also runs an MG After Sales workshop in Featherbed Lane, Shrewsbury with a further 14 bays. In total the firm employs 75 people.
    James has more than 15 years experience in the motor industry. He started his career in manufacturing and then became a fully qualified accountant. He has worked for some of the biggest names in the automotive industry alongside MG, including Inchcape, Pendragon and Volvo and for three years ran a Jaguar franchise.
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:05 am

Press release:

27th Feb 2015
    Soccer stars say MG3 is a match winner

International soccer stars at Premier League side Burnley FC have voted the MG3 a real match winner.
    Two of the fast-selling super-minis caught the eye of Welsh International striker Sam Vokes and England Under-23 full-back Kieran Trippier who play for the Clarets.
    The international duo were on hand to receive the cars, presented by one of MG’s newest dealers Steve Durkin MG, to Burnley FC’s recently launched Burnley FC in the Community project.
    Vokes and Trippier were joined by Burnley goalkeeper, Tom Heaton, and dynamic attacker Ashley Barnes at the handover. One of the MG3s is in Cherry Bomb, almost the same colour as Burnley’s home kit, while the second is in Hello Yellow, which may become the club’s new away shirt colour next season.
    The Burnley FC in the Community project will see the MG3s being used across Lancashire in support of sports, education, health, social inclusion and community projects.   
    Steve Durkin, Managing Director, of the dealership on Turner Road, Nelson, said: “The lads really liked the MG3s and it’s great that we can be involved to support the club in their programme to reach out to the community.
    “When you think that Premier League players are often linked to some pretty exotic cars, they took a surprisingly strong interest in the new MGs. But then that’s also the reaction we’re getting when customers come to the showroom and especially after they’ve had a test drive.
    Neil Hart, Burnley FC’s Head of Community, said: “We’re really pleased that Steve Durkin MG are a local business and are supporting us in our community programme. The MG3s have been very well received and we will be using them to go to the hundreds of events that we are planning to be involved in this year.”
    On home match days the MG3s can be seen on display at the entrance to the main Burnley FC car park.
    Matthew Cheyne, MG’s Head of Marketing, said: “Steve Durkin has shown real initiative with this and has helped get the MG3 into the heart of his local community. The Burnley club’s scheme will help lots of local people and it’s great that we can be involved too.”  
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:34 pm

Press release:

http://mg.co.uk/news/2015/02/27/quality-shines-through-with-mg3/

2nd Mar 2015

Quality shines through with MG3

Bruce Harrison was so impressed with his MG3 that he insisted on visiting the factory where it was built to personally thank the workers.
    What made Bruce's praise even more significant is that he has spent a lifetime working as a professional quality engineer, so has a keen eye for detail and quality. And the MG3 got 10 out of 10 from Bruce.
    Chatting to workers on the final assembly line at MG's Longbridge factory in Birmingham, Bruce said: "I just can't fault it. It's the best car I've ever had and I just had to come along and thank you all for making it so special.
    "Everything about the car is really good, from the overall assembly quality to the ride and low noise levels. I'm really impressed and I've got a lifetime of owning cars and working in the industry behind me.
    "Paint quality is really good and the little details are great too - like the flat-sided gear knob that just falls so perfectly to hand."
    Bruce, from Sedgley, Dudley, bought his white MG3 3STYLE, from Summit Garage in Dudley. It's the first MG that Bruce has bought. He traded in a Ford C-Max against the MG.
    He worked for Ford for many years and also for leading automotive supply companies, including Rubery Owen. Bruce specialised in material sciences and engineering quality and holds a string of professional qualifications. He's both an IEng incorporated engineer and a Member of the Chartered Quality Institute, Chartered Quality Professional, MCQI CQP.
    Now Bruce, who is a vintage motorcycle fan and owns two 1929 Sunbeam bikes, plans to have a tow-bar fitted to his MG3 so that he can pull a small trailer.
    John Newey, Summit Garage's Sales Director, is not surprised that Bruce is so impressed with the quality and value of the MG3. He said: "We have now sold almost 100 MG3s and everyone who takes one for a test drive says how fantastic the car is.
    "I've been an MG dealer for more years than I care to remember and I can honestly say that the MG3 is as good, if not better, than any of the much-loved MG classics."   
    The MG3, alongside the MG6, is designed and engineered at the MG Birmingham site in Longbridge, where final assembly also takes place. 
    Launched in September 2013, the MG3 benefits from an ultra low 4E insurance group, strong residuals of up to 61 per cent, exceptional interior and boot space, class leading chassis and driving dynamics and high levels of equipment on all specifications as standard. There are also more than a million personalisation options as well as exceptional value for money aftercare packages to choose from. The MG3 is priced from only £8,399 to £9,999, or on PCP with zero percent deposit or from only £99 a month.
    The MG3 was recently selected by Autocar as one of its ‘Best 50 Cars on Sale Today', ranking alongside exotic models from the likes of Ferrari, Aston Martin and Porsche. Leading motoring guru Andrew Frankel ranked the MG3 ahead of cars such as the Audit TT and Vauxhall VXR8 GTS.
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:33 am

Press release 10 March 2015:

http://mg.co.uk/media-centre/press-releases/mg-launches-dealer-quest/

MG launches dealer quest
    MG has launched a quest to find 30 new dealers to fill key ‘hot spots’ created by the brand’s growing popularity.   
    Last year MG was the fastest growing brand in Britain with a boom in sales that saw MG grow by an incredible 361 per cent - more than 38 times greater than the industry average.
    But now demand for MGs across the country is out-stripping the number of dealers in the network. So the firm’s franchise development team have created a ‘hot spot’ list of key cities and towns where MG dealers are urgently needed.
    The ‘hot spots’ include:

• Nottingham
    • Leeds
    • Edinburgh
    • Swansea
    • Lisburn

MG’s Head of Sales, Sam Burton, said: “We urgently need good quality dealers to represent MG in a number of key open points where we know demand for our cars is amazingly high, and growing on a daily basis.
    “We’ve established a Dealer Task Force here and their job is to find the right people to become MG dealers in these key towns and cities. It’s a high priority job for us now and will offer a great opportunity for the dealers we appoint.“
    MG currently has a network of 57 full sales dealerships plus 10 After Sales outlets.  The target by the end of 2015 is to have more than 80 full dealerships.
    Matthew Cheyne, Head of Marketing at MG, added: “The MG3 created a huge boost in interest in MG. Soon we will launch the New MG6, which is a leap forward from the outgoing car, and next year we will see an MG SUV added to the range.  
    “So that’s going to create even more customer demand and we just have to have more dealers to meet this.”
    Regular Dealer Prospect Days are being planned at the MG Longbridge site. Firms interested in taking up an MG franchise will be invited to see where modern MGs are designed, engineered and finally assembled.
    David Jackson, Franchising and Dealer Development Manager, explained: “We are really keen to fill these open points and anyone can contact me or my colleague David Martin to discuss the details.
    “Of course we do set certain criteria that would-be dealers have to meet and we have to carry out due diligence to make sure prospective dealers are financially sound. But it’s a great opportunity for both sides in what are very exciting times for MG.”     
    The top 30 MG open ‘hot spots’ are:
    AberdeenBradford
    CrawleyDerby
    DurhamEdinburgh
    EpsomHarlow
    Hemel HempsteadHuddersfield
    KilmarnockKirkcaldy
    LeedsLisburn
    LiverpoolLondon North East
    London North WestLondon South
    London South EastMilton Keynes
    MotherwellNottingham
    SloughSouthampton
    StockportSutton Coldfield
    SwanseaWarrington
    WirralWorcester

Potential dealers can contact David Martin or David Jackson directly by e-mail:
    David Martin, Franchise and Dealer Development Manager: david.martin@mgmotor.co.uk 
    David Jackson, Franchise and Dealer Development Manager: david.jackson@mgmotor.co.uk 
    Click here to download the full press release.
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:26 pm

Press release 10/3/2015:

MG just keeps on winning awards

MG just keeps on winning trophies – the latest is a prestigious apprenticeship award, which has another ‘gold gong’ behind it!
    A project that involved young people getting a behind the scenes look at how MG designers work, resulted in MG Motor winning a highly-sought after South and City College InBusiness Student Experience Award.
    The InBusiness Network was launched by South and City College Birmingham three years ago and Sir Doug Ellis is Honorary President. It helps local businesses network and provides student with excellent opportunities to get involved in real business projects.
    Two young students from the South and City College in Birmingham went to the London Design Festival in December and saw MG scoop the Gold Award in the Product Design Concept with a stunning MG3 Design Concept car.
    The winning car was created by Louise Thorburn, a specialist colour and trim designer at the MG Design Centre at MG’s Longbridge site in Birmingham where MG3s are designed, engineered and where final assembly also takes place.
    The students were involved in all of the excitement and build up to the design awards and, as well as the glitz and glamour, also helped in the sheer hard work of getting cars into major display venues.
    Sir Doug made the InBusiness Student Experience award presentation at an awards evening at the Birmingham’s Macdonald Burlington Hotel, where apprentices and businesses were celebrated. More than 200 leading businessmen, education providers and students enjoyed a night which highlighted the positive benefits of everyone involved in promoting apprenticeships.
    Mike Hopkins, Principal of South and City College, said: “Congratulations to MG on their recent award wins. MG certainly created an exceptional experience for our students. The Gold award the company won while our young people were with them was just the icing on the cake for an unforgettable couple of days.
    “It is great that MG has taken the time to give young people the opportunity to experience working life, and we hope to work with them more in the future as they continue to grow.” 
    Click here to download the full press release. 

News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 17 205

SirDougEllis, L; MG's Doug Wallace, centre; and Stephen Dourass from Southand City College

patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:00 am

Press release:

20th Mar 2015
    New MG6 set for launch
    MG is launching an improved NEW MG6 which will further boost the brand’s remarkable revival.
    The new car, which will go on sale next month, comes as MG sales in the UK continue to increase rapidly, boosted by the opening of a wave of new dealerships across the country. Last year MG was the fastest growing automotive brand in Britain.
    MG launched the original MG6 in 2011 but the 2015 NEW MG6 offers major improvements in every area of the car.
    The 1.9-litre DTi-TECH diesel engine has been developed to give lower CO2 levels and improved mpg figures. Exact figures will be revealed at the car’s launch.   
    Comprehensive updates have been made to the body styling of the car while it retains the driving dynamic qualities that won plaudits from drivers who voted the MG6 the Best Handling car in the 2014 Auto Express Driver Power Awards.
    Interior upgrades and enhanced equipment levels are introduced on the New MG6 which will arguably have one of the best intelligent infotainment systems of any car in its class. A state-of-the-art navigation system will also set new standards.  
    Matthew Cheyne, MG’s Head of Marketing, said: “This is a totally different car to the original MG6 with a host of new technologies and major advances in every area.
    “We will reveal the full story and prices when the car is unveiled shortly. But the New MG6 is a big leap forward from the original car which has been the result of thousands of hours of dedicated work from our designers and engineers.”   
    Cheyne said that the New MG6 would have broad appeal to both retail and business customers. He added: “The MG6 was always a comfortable, roomy car and offered rewarding driving.
    “But the New MG6 takes the car to a different level again with a host of great improvements and advances, most of which have never been seen before on an MG.
    “With the MG3 selling really well, the New MG6 will give MG another great boost. Last year was a really significant year for MG in terms of sales performance, but 2015 is already shaping up to be a cracking year for MG.
    http://mg.co.uk/news/2015/03/20/new-mg6-set-for-launch/#top
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:22 am

Press release:

26th Mar 2015
    Maidstone MG in triple celebration
    It’s triple celebration time this weekend as Maidstone MG toasts the dealership’s official opening.
    Extensive refurbishments of the showroom in Sutton Road, Parkwood, have been completed in time for this weekend’s major opening event. In fact so many guests want to come along that the celebrations have had to be spread over three days from Friday to Sunday!
    Celebration number two will be the display of the all-new MG Pirtek racing car replica as part of Maidstone MG’s special weekend. The car is fully dressed in the racing livery of the new team car, which will be fighting for honours in the Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship. The 2015 season starts on April 4/5 and MG are hoping to successfully defend the Manufacturers title which they won last year.
    But Maidstone MG’s Director of Operations, Bala Waran, says that the third celebration is closest to his heart. He explained: “When we started trading a few months back I set a target of 50 sales by the time the official opening came around.
    “But I’m delighted to say that we have sold more than 60 new MGs and the interest from customers is growing every day. With the NEW MG6 just around the corner, things are looking pretty good for MG and for us.
    “Joining the MG franchise was a great decision for us, so I think we deserve this triple celebration.”
    Maidstone MG is run by the F.G. Barnes and Sons group, one of the region’s best-known family firms which operates seven automotive sites across Surrey and Kent.
    The Parkwood site covers more than three acres and employs 50 people.
    F.G. Barnes started in 1899 and the third generation of the family now run the business. It has a turnover of more than £60-million and is in the Motor Trader Top 200 list of automotive companies. The company employs more than 200 people.
    Bala, who has worked in the industry for more than 30 years, said: “I remember lusting after an MGB GT when I was young, but I was always too tall for the car.
    “It’s a different story with the much more spacious MG6 and MG3 models, which I am really impressed with. These cars offer so much value-for-money, driving quality and character.”
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:28 am

Press release:

31st Mar 2015

MG - you would be a fool to miss it!
    It’s no joke – MG’s latest dealer will start trading on April 1 as the brand’s surge in sales continues.
    Normandy Garage, in Guildford, will become the 26th new dealer to be appointed within the last 12 months as sales of modern MGs hit new record levels.
    Last year MG was the fastest growing automotive brand in Britain and results for the first quarter of 2015, due out soon, are expected to show an even further acceleration of sales.
    Ian Richards, Managing Director of Normandy Garage, said: “It’s thrilling to be involved in this fantastic resurgence of such a great brand. We don’t want to waste any time in selling the cars, that’s why we want to go live on April 1 just as soon as our cars arrive - anyone interested in a brilliant new MG would be a fool to miss out!
    “We will have 11 new MG3s at launch and in fact we’ve had a lot of interest from customers because our MG signage is already in place. This is a brand that is going places.”
    Normandy Garage is a family-owned business which was started by Ian’s father, John Richards in 1966. The modern, six-car showroom, backed by four workshop bays, is in Guildford Road, Normandy; mid-way between Guildford town centre and Aldershot. It has a staff of 18 people.
    Ian said: “Having driven the new MGs and been to see the operation at Longbridge, I’m really positive about MG. In fact, I’m already looking ahead and thinking of expanding our showroom to cope with the new MGs products that are coming along.
    “It’s too easy to under-estimate just how good the new MGs are. You only have to drive them to understand what brilliant dynamics they have and you just have to look at the price and high standard specifications to see why MGs make so much sense to so many people.” 
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:07 am

Press Release:

31st Mar 2015
    MG opens multi-million dealership in the heart of London
    MG has announced it will open a prestigious multi-million pound flagship dealership in the heart of London’s Piccadilly.
    The exclusive showroom, next to The Royal Academy of Arts and directly opposite Fortnum & Mason, is one of the most sought-after retail locations in the world.
    MG’s showroom will become a centre of excellence for the iconic 91-year-old brand which is Britain’s fastest growing marque. This is the latest and most significant move in a major expansion of new MG dealerships across the country. In the past 12 months MG has opened 26 new dealerships in Britain, and has declared its intention to continue growing by targeting a further 30 open points.
    London was a key goal in MG’s ambitious plans to substantially build its dealer network. It was considered vital for MG to have a flagship presence in the UK’s capital city, right at the heart of the growing UK economy. This is a statement of intent that MG is back in Britain and playing a significant role in the thriving British automotive sector.
    MG’s Piccadilly showroom will become one of the most important centres of excellence for MG, a brand that now sells in more than 40 countries globally and is instantly recognizable as an icon of great British design and engineering.      
    The six-car showroom will be housed in a seven-storey Georgian-fronted building at 47/48 Piccadilly and will incorporate a state of the art showroom with interactive media centre so customers can configure their own car.
    As part of the investment, totaling almost £30-million, the building has been sympathetically refurbished and substantially upgraded to accommodate the MG showroom.
    MG will run the flagship showroom on the ground floor with offices in the basement. Above are six floors of executive offices. The MG showroom will open in a few weeks time.
    The whole of the historic building, just 400yds from Piccadilly Circus, is much closer to the landmark statue of Eros than Audi’s flagship showroom. It will give MG an extremely prestigious display showroom in one of the busiest cities in the world.  
    Matthew Cheyne, Head of Marketing, said: “This really is a fabulous central London location where the City of Westminster and the West End theatreland merge. It shows that MG is really back and is becoming a major force again in the British automotive industry.
    “This address is, without a doubt, one of the most sought-after international locations and we can’t wait to do business from there.”
    Cheyne said that the choice of the prime address in the heart of the nation’s capital was highly significant. He added: “If anyone had any doubts about MG’s commitment to the future, this is a hugely positive statement that MG is back and here to stay.
    “This is a very significant investment by MG and we are immensely proud of this fantastic showroom. You simply could not get a more prestigious location in Britain.”

patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:30 am

Press release:

3rd Apr 2015

MG aiming for victory at opening BTCC weekend
    With an abundance of testing miles complete and two highly capably young drivers now on-board, MG Triple Eight Racing is primed for victory at the opening rounds of the Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship (BTCC) at Brands Hatch this Easter weekend (4-5 April).

It was just over five months ago that MG and Triple Eight lifted the prized BTCC Manufacturer / Constructor shield on a wet and windy Sunday evening last October, but the team has changed significantly since taking its 23rd BTCC title.

Joining the team this year is series front-runner, Andrew Jordan. The 25-year-old from Lichfield is by his own admission a more polished and accomplished driver than when he made his initial debut back in 2009, taking a popular BTCC title win in 2013.

“I’m more experienced than when I initially drove for Triple Eight and I’m driving a lot better too. I’ve got a title now, so that monkey is off my back, and this is the first year I can focus solely on being a racing driver. The MG is a very good car and we’ve got a great team here; I want to lead the team forward and go for the title again,” said Jordan.

In recent years Andrew has become somewhat of a Brands Hatch master, taking pole-position on the Indy circuit for the previous two seasons and notching up six podium appearances in three visits. The Pirtek-backed racer is keen to keep that momentum going by taking a third consecutive pole-position on the 1.22-mile track.

“I’m so focused to do that,” explains the Red Bull ace. “To get pole three years on the trot at the first race will be fantastic, and to do it this year with a new team and new car, that’s really my aim. It’s all about who doesn’t get traffic and who strings their lap together the best, which I’ve managed to do in the last few years. It will be close, that’s for sure.”

Joining Andrew at MG Triple Eight Racing this year is the talented 24-year-old, Jack Goff. No stranger to the BTCC, Jack has built up a cult-following in his previous two seasons of racing in the UK’s top saloon series, and his army of loyal followers have welcomed his move to join MG’s factory team.

With a bright and bold blue and orange livery, Jack’s MG6 GT features over 180 stickers, which represent every partner in his prized-sponsorship portfolio. Together this group of businesses enable Jack to race in the series, and it’s something that is important to the former MG Trophy racer.

“The stickers are like a badge of honour for me. Without the support of these businesses I wouldn’t be here speaking to you about Touring Cars, it’s as simple as that. Some of these firms have been with me since day one and together they keep me humble and remind me of the great support I have behind me,” commented the 2012 Renault Clio Cup GB Champion.

Having previously taken a best result of eighth on the Indy circuit, Goff, now in the fastest front-wheel-drive car of 2014, has an opportunity to challenge at the sharp-end. How does the Stokenchurch-based racer rank his chances of taking a maiden BTCC victory this season?

“Well, first things first, I need to get a good qualifying performance,” explains Goff. “We certainly have a car and team capable of winning races now, which I haven’t been able to say in past years. That’s meant as no disrespect to my previous teams, but this is definitely my best shot at becoming a podium regular and challenging for wins. It’s the opportunity I’ve been waiting for, so now I need to go out there and do the best job that I can.”

In previous years, MG and Triple Eight have faired exceptionally well at the kidney-shaped short circuit of the Kent track. The MG6 GT took a win (race 3) and a podium (race 2) on its 2012 debut, and has taken a further two wins and three podiums over the past two seasons.

Qualifying at Brands Hatch takes place on Saturday at 15:40 and on Sunday, the first three BTCC races of the year will be broadcast live and in high definition on ITV4 from 10:30. Make sure you follow MG on Facebook and Twitter for updates across the weekend.
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:32 am

Press release:

4th Apr 2015
    MG6-th for Goff at Brands Opener
    The two MG6s of Jack Goff and Andrew Jordan will start Sunday's Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship season-opener at Brands Hatch from 6th and 10th respectively.
    The early exchanges of the Saturday qualifying saw the pole-sitter change hands several times before the session settled down with Andy Priaulx setting the pace and going on to take pole position with a lap of 48.411.
    Goff's penultimate lap of the session of 48.599 was good enough to secure a place on the third row.
    Jordan will start two rows further back with a fastest time of 48.656, less than 0.1 seconds slower than his team-mate.
    Race one will start at 11:47 tomorrow morning with races two and three at 14:17 and 17:12. You will be able to watch all the action on ITV4 from 10.30am, while we will have updates on Facebook and Twitter throughout the day.
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:34 am

Press release:

5th Apr 2015
    Podium For MG At Brands Hatch
    MG earned their first podium of the 2015 Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship season at the season-opener at Brands Hatch this afternoon.
    Jack Goff drove superbly in the third race of the day and was unlucky not to take his first ever BTCC win after a battle to the line with Matt Neal.
    Ultimately it was a bridge too far as the 24 year old's MG6 finished 0.196 seconds behind the Honda to take second place. 
    The reverse grid for race three was kind to Goff, whose ninth-placed finish in race two earned him a place on the front row.
    And although he didn't have a great start, getting overtaken by Matt Neal off the line, he did well to recover in such impressive fashion.
    Team-mate Andrew Jordan moved up from sixth to fourth following excellent moves on Tom Ingram and Sam Tordoff and was on the verge of a podium of his own, but picked up a puncture when trying to overtake Rob Austin late in the race and eventually crossed the line a lap down in 19th.
    Earlier in the day, Goff finished fourth in race one after moving through from sixth on the grid following Saturday's qualifying. Jordan also scored positively following his tenth-placed grid position and crossed the line in seventh.
    In this season's new second-race grid line-up, ordered by fastest laps from race one, Goff started from seventh and Jordan from tenth.
    Goff didn't start well again and lost out to Neal off the line. He then came into contact with Aaron Smith on lap five which which put him back to 11th place. A battling recovery saw him move back up to ninth.
    Jordan benefitted from Goff's collision which put him up to 7th and he then backed that up with a smart move on race-one winner Rob Collard, and with race-leader Jason Plato running off track late on, it meant Jordan crossed the line in fifth placed.
    MG will have highlights of all three races on our YouTube channel on Thursday.
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:52 am

Press release:

8th Apr 2015
    MG announces new exciting MG6
    MG’s award-winning MG6 has just got even better with the introduction of the new MG6, which offers ‘more MG for your money.’
    With much higher levels of specification, the newMG6 offers customers up to £3,000 value-for-money improvement over the previous model. This makes the new car truly amazing value with prices now starting from as low as £13,995.00
    The 2015 version of the MG6 offers major advances in every area of the car which first launched four years ago. The new MG6 offers improved performance; a striking new design; higher levels of comfort; enhanced levels of standard specification; and key technical advances.   
    Three new trim levels of the new MG6 are offered – all featuring key upgrades from the out-going model. 
    The new models are:

• New MG6 S -  £13,995.00
    • New MG6 TS - £16,195.00
    • New MG6 TL - £17,995.00

Latest engine development
    The newmodel offers higher levels of performance, lower emissions, and improved mpg and results from the intensive development work carried out by engineers based at MG’s Birmingham operation.
    The 2015 DTi-TECH engine is the latest generation of MG’s own developed diesel engine. This version still develops 150PS and a strong 350NM from only 1800rpm, but now produces only 119g/km of CO2 and gives 4.6L/100km (61.4mpg) in combined driving.  Improvements have also been made in driveability making the new MG6 the best balance of driver satisfaction and efficiency yet produced by MG.
    In short, the engine on the new MG6 has been significantly improved and the 10g reduction in emissions makes the car ‘cleaner’ but with no loss of performance.  
    The new MG6 is, on average, 75kg lighter than the out-going car and is 0.5 secs quicker from 0 to 60mph. Now it takes 8.4 secs compared to 8.9 sec in the previous model. 
    New style – more equipment
    Striking new designs to the body, particularly the front and rear profile, give the car a new look, while distinctive daytime LED running lights means that the new MG6 stands out from the crowd.
    Inside the new and improved model, it looks and feels refreshed. Almost every area of the interior has been enhanced to give even higher levels of comfort and convenience. The new instrument cluster is now clearer; redesigned with a modern tunnel-style analogue presentation.
    An electronic handbrake (EPB) has given the designers more scope to refresh the layout between the driver and front passenger seats. The electronic parking brake is incredibly easy to use; it activates manually and automatically releases when you want to move off.
    S – heated seats and high specification 
    New S models re-write the definition of an entry model – because they are fitted with heated front seats as standard. LED daylight running lights, 16-inch alloy wheels and the electronic parking brake are all part of the package and at no extra cost. 
    The interior upgrades, including the addition of bright new silver highlights, give an enhanced feeling of quality and consistency. Meanwhile, the stylish new seat materials give a refreshing new look and style.
    Also standard on S models and upwards is an all-new electronic differential, called E-Diff, which works in conjunction with a sophisticated stability control system.  This ensures that wheel spin in cornering is kept under control, giving the driver both increased safety and a more involved feel. 
    TS – MG touch sets new standards
    The mid-level TS has the following as standard in addition to the S model; part man-made leather seats; rear parking sensors; automatic lights; windscreen wipers; cruise control; auto dimming mirrors and more. But it’s the introduction of the all-new MG touch infotainment system, which debuts on the TS, that puts the car way ahead of all of its competitors.
    TL – tops off the new MG6 range
    Move up to the top-level TL, still at only £17,995.00, and the levels of enhanced comfort just get higher.
    Luxurious leather seats and powerful HID (high-intensity discharge) lamps are just the start. The 35W Bi-Xenon HID main lamps alone offer a much better illumination of the road ahead and are a major advance on standard halogen bulb or projector-type systems.
    ‘Bending lights’, which are integrated into the HID units, have a speed sensitive cornering function which follow the turn of the front wheels  giving the driver a clear view of potential hazards when cornering in the dark. It operates up to speeds of 40km/h when reflectors cleverly focus the light source to follow the road as the car turns. This improves both safety and driver well-being by taking much of the stress out of night-time driving.
    A rear camera, now equipped with guidelines, dual zone climate control and electric seats are all standard on the top-of-the range MG6 TL, which is distinguished by a new chrome grille.
    MG touch
    Making its debut in the new MG6 is MG touch – a system developed in collaboration with leading supplier of aftermarket systems NNG iGo.  MG touch embodies a collection of technologies which together provide a highly functional and intelligent infotainment system. 
    MG touch comprises

• 7” Touchscreen
    • App based operation
    • FM/AM tuner with RDS
    • CD player
    • DAB radio
    • Video in
    • Bluetooth with Bluetooth streaming
    • Mirrorlink v1.1
    • iGo by NNG navigation

iGo by NNG
    The new iGo Navigation by NNG is an app based navigation system. This has been developed to take advantage of the new MG touch system and is a substantial upgrade over the previous generation. iGo includes:

• European mapping
    • 3D landmarks
    • Reality junction view
    • Enhanced signpost information
    • Speed limit advice
    • Route selection – fast, short, easy, green
    • 6/7 digit UK postcode entry

Nothing lost
    The new MG6 continues the exceptional handling dynamics of the original car, which was awarded the Auto Express Driver Power Best Handling Award. Customers looking for a car with the great cabin and cavernous boot space of a family-sized car, yet yearn for the driving dynamics of a small car, the new MG6 is the perfect package.   
    Customers of the new MG6 will find a class-leading car offering exceptional value-for-money, without compromising on quality, technology or MG’s legendary ‘fun to drive’ feeling.
    Distinctive new look
    From the front the newMG6 looks sharper. The new front graphic includes new lamps, grille, lower vent, and LED daytime running lights framed by a new, dramatic feature line. This gives the front of the vehicle far greater presence than the previous generation while still instantly recognisable as a  modern MG.
    On higher level trims, the MG grille is highlighted in chrome. At the rear, the update has been even more dramatic, with a lower black aerodynamically styled bumper and shaped tailpipe. These changes all contribute to make the 2015 MG6 unmistakable on the road. In profile, the 2015 MG6 retains the look of a distinctive, fastback vehicle with the addition of standard 16” alloys across the range. This not only enhances the style of the car, but aids in the efficiency and driver comfort of the new MG6.
    The level of detailing that has been lavished on the new MG6 has created a new-look sporting profile, yet the car retains all of its huge practicality and functionality. 
    Matthew Cheyne, MG’s Head of Marketing, said: “The substantial advances we have introduced on the new MG6 make the car even better value-for-money on their own, but couple this with the reduced prices we have announced and it really is an outstanding package.
    “There are so many great things about the new MG6 that it’s impossible to highlight one because so many advances have been made. Probably the best way to sum the new model up is that it simply offers much more car for your money.
    “Value-for-money is what customers are looking for now, and we have certainly delivered that with the 2015 MG6.”   
    Cheyne added: “The new MG6 continues the MG approach to the market of offering excellent value for money with fixed pricing and market leading levels of specification.  New MG6 will allow us to carry on increasing sales and adding to our dealer network as we welcome new dealers to the brand all the time.”

http://mg.co.uk/news/2015/04/08/mg-announces-new-exciting-mg6/
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:37 am

Press release:

8th Apr 2015
    MG sales hits new record
    MG hit a new sales record in the first quarter of 2015, on the eve of the NEW MG6 going on sale.
    More new MGs were sold in the first three months of this year than in the whole of 2013 – and the new MG6 doesn’t even figure in the record results yet!
    The 2015 registrations are the best first quarter results since the new MG Motor UK company was formed and continues the company’s impressive sales performance during the past 18-months.
    Official figures released today by the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders show that the industry grew by an average of 6.75 per cent in the first three months of 2015. MG’s results show a 57.33 per cent increase – the best first quarter ever by MG Motor UK.
    In March alone MG registrations grew by more than 83 per cent, again another impressive performance.
    The iconic brand, now in its 91st year, sells in more than 40 countries across the world and MG’s Longbridge operation, where MGs are designed, engineered and where final assembly of British models takes place, is pivotal to the modern global MG marque.
    Last year MG was the fastest growing automotive brand in Britain and continued to be among the front runners in the important January to March quarter of 2015.
    Throughout last year the average increase in new car sales in Britain was 9.35 per cent, while MG had an incredible 361 per cent improvement.
    Matthew Cheyne, MG’s Head of Marketing, said: “By any standards our performance over the past year or so has been staggering – and that’s before we launch the highly-competitive NEW MG6 which starts at only £13,995.”
    MG’s sales have been bolstered by a wave of new dealer appointments. The dealer network has been more than doubled in just over a year and MG recently announced the formation of a Task Force to find and appoint another 30 dealers in key open ‘hot spots’ across Britain.
    Cheyne, who heads the Task Force said: “Our volumes may be still small, but we are now building rapidly and there is a real buzz behind the brand. “Our customers are delighted with the new products we are bringing to market and they are our greatest ambassadors. We now have customers proudly showing off their new MGs to friends and neighbours and there is a real feeling of pride and confidence in the brand.
    “Just like the fast-selling MG3, the NEW MG6 is a big leap forward and will attract even more business and fleet buyers to the brand alongside retail buyers. It’s thrilling to see MG bouncing back.”
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:12 am

e-mail shot 9/4/2015 (formatting here is not perfect):

News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 17 5798578_600redbar
    News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 17 5042631_newsletter_header_nobg

SAY HELLO TO THE NEW MG6 - FROM ONLY £13,995
    News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 17 6015140_mg6front600

THE NEW MG6 REALLY IS AN MG TO SHOUT ABOUT. IT'S OUR BEST MG6 YET.

Everything about the new MG6 is new and improved - from its award-winning handling and high-tech features to the larger interior designed to give you a better driving experience.

And from just £13,995 for the entry-level S model, you simply cannot find a better, more equipped car.

But if you want the added extras then the TS and TL models might be more for you - parking sensors, DAB radio and Bluetooth are just a handful of the MG6's many features.

Click here to read more about the many striking new features of the new MG6.

News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 17 6015208_mg6back2600

AN ALL NEW INTERIOR - NOW A BETTER PLACE TO BE...

News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 17 6015147_mg6interior3600

Boasting one of the largest cabins in its class and an amazing set of standard features, the MG6 represents everything you would expect from this classic British brand and so much more.

Standard features include; easy to use air conditioning; heated seats; and an all-new electronic parking brake, which make the new MG6 a great place to be.

Starting at just £13,995, each of the three MG6 models has its own distinctive personality guaranteed to make you enjoy all aspects of your driving experience.

Click here to read more about the all-new interior on the new MG6.

News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 17 6015145_mg6interior2600

News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 17 6015156_mg6interior4600

GET MORE MG FOR YOUR MONEY

The new MG6 is priced better than ever. The entry-level S model is just £13,995 and the top-spec, fully-kitted TL is only £17,995.

Now you really can get MORE MG FOR YOUR MONEY.

MG6 S
    £13,995
    MG6 TS
    £16,195
    MG6 TL
    £17,995
    News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 17 6015160_mg6stable150News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 17 6015190_mg6tstable150News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 17 6015187_mg6tltable150

It might be the entry-level MG6 but the MG6 S is anything but short on spec. Heated seats, daytime running lights and air conditioning all come as standard.
    You simply won't find another car with the performance and spec the MG6 offers for the price.

Click here to read more.

Middle of the range? Yes. Middle of the road? Not at all...
    From the moment you sit in the MG6 TS and try the new MG touch infotainment system, to when you take the car out on the road, you know that you're in for something special.

Click here to read more.

Our top-of-the-range MG6 TL has everything you would expect from a name synonymous with British style and engineering.
    The MG6 TL is the last word in affordable British refinement with a price tag that puts it firmly within reach.

Click here to read more.

FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT MG.CO.UK/MG6

News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 17 6015192_get_more_mg_for_your_money600

News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 17 5798578_600redbar
    News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 17 5042761_newsletter_footer_social

patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:35 pm

Press release:

8th Apr 2015
    MG announces new exciting MG6
    MG’s award-winning MG6 has just got even better with the introduction of the new MG6, which offers ‘more MG for your money.’
    With much higher levels of specification, the newMG6 offers customers up to £3,000 value-for-money improvement over the previous model. This makes the new car truly amazing value with prices now starting from as low as £13,995.00
    The 2015 version of the MG6 offers major advances in every area of the car which first launched four years ago. The new MG6 offers improved performance; a striking new design; higher levels of comfort; enhanced levels of standard specification; and key technical advances.   
    Three new trim levels of the new MG6 are offered – all featuring key upgrades from the out-going model. 
    The new models are:

• New MG6 S -  £13,995.00
    • New MG6 TS - £16,195.00
    • New MG6 TL - £17,995.00

Latest engine development
    The newmodel offers higher levels of performance, lower emissions, and improved mpg and results from the intensive development work carried out by engineers based at MG’s Birmingham operation.
    The 2015 DTi-TECH engine is the latest generation of MG’s own developed diesel engine. This version still develops 150PS and a strong 350NM from only 1800rpm, but now produces only 119g/km of CO2 and gives 4.6L/100km (61.4mpg) in combined driving.  Improvements have also been made in driveability making the new MG6 the best balance of driver satisfaction and efficiency yet produced by MG.
    In short, the engine on the new MG6 has been significantly improved and the 10g reduction in emissions makes the car ‘cleaner’ but with no loss of performance.  
    The new MG6 is, on average, 75kg lighter than the out-going car and is 0.5 secs quicker from 0 to 60mph. Now it takes 8.4 secs compared to 8.9 sec in the previous model. 
    New style – more equipment
    Striking new designs to the body, particularly the front and rear profile, give the car a new look, while distinctive daytime LED running lights means that the new MG6 stands out from the crowd.
    Inside the new and improved model, it looks and feels refreshed. Almost every area of the interior has been enhanced to give even higher levels of comfort and convenience. The new instrument cluster is now clearer; redesigned with a modern tunnel-style analogue presentation.
    An electronic handbrake (EPB) has given the designers more scope to refresh the layout between the driver and front passenger seats. The electronic parking brake is incredibly easy to use; it activates manually and automatically releases when you want to move off.
    S – heated seats and high specification 
    New S models re-write the definition of an entry model – because they are fitted with heated front seats as standard. LED daylight running lights, 16-inch alloy wheels and the electronic parking brake are all part of the package and at no extra cost. 
    The interior upgrades, including the addition of bright new silver highlights, give an enhanced feeling of quality and consistency. Meanwhile, the stylish new seat materials give a refreshing new look and style.
    Also standard on S models and upwards is an all-new electronic differential, called E-Diff, which works in conjunction with a sophisticated stability control system.  This ensures that wheel spin in cornering is kept under control, giving the driver both increased safety and a more involved feel. 
    TS – MG touch sets new standards
    The mid-level TS has the following as standard in addition to the S model; part man-made leather seats; rear parking sensors; automatic lights; windscreen wipers; cruise control; auto dimming mirrors and more. But it’s the introduction of the all-new MG touch infotainment system, which debuts on the TS, that puts the car way ahead of all of its competitors.
    TL – tops off the new MG6 range
    Move up to the top-level TL, still at only £17,995.00, and the levels of enhanced comfort just get higher.
    Luxurious leather seats and powerful HID (high-intensity discharge) lamps are just the start. The 35W Bi-Xenon HID main lamps alone offer a much better illumination of the road ahead and are a major advance on standard halogen bulb or projector-type systems.
    ‘Bending lights’, which are integrated into the HID units, have a speed sensitive cornering function which follow the turn of the front wheels  giving the driver a clear view of potential hazards when cornering in the dark. It operates up to speeds of 40km/h when reflectors cleverly focus the light source to follow the road as the car turns. This improves both safety and driver well-being by taking much of the stress out of night-time driving.
    A rear camera, now equipped with guidelines, dual zone climate control and electric seats are all standard on the top-of-the range MG6 TL, which is distinguished by a new chrome grille.
    MG touch
    Making its debut in the new MG6 is MG touch – a system developed in collaboration with leading supplier of aftermarket systems iGo Navigation.  MG touch embodies a collection of technologies which together provide a highly functional and intelligent infotainment system. 
    MG touch comprises

• 7” Touchscreen
    • App based operation
    • FM/AM tuner with RDS
    • CD player
    • DAB radio
    • Video in
    • Bluetooth with Bluetooth streaming
    • Mirrorlink v1.1
    • iGo Navigation

iGo Navigation
    The new iGo Navigation is an app based navigation system. This has been developed to take advantage of the new MG touch system and is a substantial upgrade over the previous generation. iGo includes:

• European mapping
    • 3D landmarks
    • Reality junction view
    • Enhanced signpost information
    • Speed limit advice
    • Route selection – fast, short, easy, green
    • 6/7 digit UK postcode entry

Nothing lost
    The new MG6 continues the exceptional handling dynamics of the original car, which was awarded the Auto Express Driver Power Best Handling Award. Customers looking for a car with the great cabin and cavernous boot space of a family-sized car, yet yearn for the driving dynamics of a small car, the new MG6 is the perfect package.   
    Customers of the new MG6 will find a class-leading car offering exceptional value-for-money, without compromising on quality, technology or MG’s legendary ‘fun to drive’ feeling.
    Distinctive new look
    From the front the newMG6 looks sharper. The new front graphic includes new lamps, grille, lower vent, and LED daytime running lights framed by a new, dramatic feature line. This gives the front of the vehicle far greater presence than the previous generation while still instantly recognisable as a  modern MG.
    On higher level trims, the MG grille is highlighted in chrome. At the rear, the update has been even more dramatic, with a lower black aerodynamically styled bumper and shaped tailpipe. These changes all contribute to make the 2015 MG6 unmistakable on the road. In profile, the 2015 MG6 retains the look of a distinctive, fastback vehicle with the addition of standard 16” alloys across the range. This not only enhances the style of the car, but aids in the efficiency and driver comfort of the new MG6.
    The level of detailing that has been lavished on the new MG6 has created a new-look sporting profile, yet the car retains all of its huge practicality and functionality. 
    Matthew Cheyne, MG’s Head of Marketing, said: “The substantial advances we have introduced on the new MG6 make the car even better value-for-money on their own, but couple this with the reduced prices we have announced and it really is an outstanding package.
    “There are so many great things about the new MG6 that it’s impossible to highlight one because so many advances have been made. Probably the best way to sum the new model up is that it simply offers much more car for your money.
    “Value-for-money is what customers are looking for now, and we have certainly delivered that with the 2015 MG6.”   
    Cheyne added: “The new MG6 continues the MG approach to the market of offering excellent value for money with fixed pricing and market leading levels of specification.  New MG6 will allow us to carry on increasing sales and adding to our dealer network as we welcome new dealers to the brand all the time.”
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:37 pm

Press release:

17th Apr 2015
    BTCC Moves On To Donington Park
    MG head to Donington Park this weekend (18-19 April) looking to build on the debut performances of Jack Goff and Andrew Jordan at the opening Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship (BTCC) rounds at Brands Hatch two weeks ago.

Kick starting the defence of the Manufacturer/Constructor title that was clinched in 2014, MG and Triple Eight enjoyed a strong start to the new campaign, currently sitting aloft the standings.

Following a successful weekend at Brands Hatch that included setting a new personal best for qualifying in the BTCC and securing his second series podium finish, Jack Goff arrives at the East Midlands circuit tied at the top of the standings with Honda’s Matt Neal.

“The first weekend as a whole was pretty good, it was nice to get the first podium out of the way and ticked off the list,” said Goff. “I didn’t expect to be leading the championship though, had you said to me coming into the weekend that I would be leaving at the top of the points I would of snapped your hands off for it.”

Carrying 66 kgs of success ballast into qualifying and the opening encounter around the 1.98-mile circuit, the 24-year-old has outlined leaving as the points leader as his main objective heading into rounds four, five and six.

“The MG should suit Donington, however I think we will be up against it, certainly in the first two races due to the ballast we are taking into the weekend,” said the former MG Trophy racer.

“Qualifying in the top ten has to be the main objective and race one will be a matter of dragging a result out of the car. Then from race two onwards I’ll be aiming to get that top step on the podium. I’m hoping to come away with a good haul of points again for the championship; I would like to lead the points still when we leave the track on Sunday evening.”

Also looking for a big points haul this weekend is Andrew Jordan, the 25-year-old keen to stake his claim on the 2015 title race with a standout performance at his local track. Currently the Pirtek-backed racer sits eleventh, just 17 points off his team-mate after the opening trio of races.

He said: “My aim for qualifying is to get pole, I think anything less than the front two rows will be a big disappointment. Realistically I want three top 5/6 finishes, obviously I want wins and podiums but throwing the reverse grid race in there I think 3 top 6 finishes would be a good points haul across the day, that said I think a win would be possible and that is what I will go there aiming for.”

Last season the MGs dominated the opening pair of races after locking out the front row in qualifying, taking a pair of 1-2s. The fast undulating nature of the Leicestershire track suits the streamlined MG6, which has proven itself to be fast in both wet and dry conditions, with Brands Hatch showing a controlled performance on the soft compound Dunlop tyre too.

Taking victory under the flight path of East Midlands airport in 2012 and 2013, Jordan has fond memories of Donington Park and enjoys the unique challenge that it presents as an ‘old school circuit’.

The 2013 champion said: “I have won there in the past and love racing at my home event, it’s a real old school circuit which for me really gets me going, I love it when circuits haven’t been changed to meet FIA safety requirements. The Craner Curves is a stand out section for me, I love the elevation change.”
    On top of the battle to affirm a strong foothold in the championship, round four will mark Triple Eight Racing’s 500th race in the BTCC.

Founded in the winter of 1996, Triple Eight was formed by Derek Warwick, Roland Dane and Ian Harrison. The trio created one of the most formidable teams to ever enter a touring car paddock and have successfully expanded into V8 Supercars, Rallying and more recently GT racing. However, it is touring cars and the endeavors in the BTCC that have for many years been the fundamental discipline for the team. 

Since joining the BTCC in 1997, Triple Eight has racked up an impressive 393 podiums, 130 wins and 113 fastest laps, meaning that a Triple Eight Racing prepared car has featured on the podium in 79 per cent of every race it has entered. Amassing 23 championship victories in the series as well, both Jordan and Goff have nothing but respect for what Team Principal Ian Harrison has achieved, and are looking to mark the special occasion in style.

“I have a huge amount of respect for H and what he has achieved in the sport, and I am very proud to be part of his team and to represent 888 in its 500th race,” explained Jordan. “I would love to get a win for him in race one, even if I did I can’t imagine him being too emotional; he doesn’t strike me as the soppy type!”

Goff added: “It's important to keep the boss happy, Andy may have the best chance of a podium in race one, I will be pushing hard no matter what.”

Co-founder of the Triple Eight team and the current Managing Director, Ian Harrison comments, “As everyone has noted, the MG was quick at Donington last year. We have to learn from Brands Hatch, get on top of the set up quickly, and ensure that we are on the money this weekend with both cars. While our 500th race is a landmark achievement, the focus this weekend is most certainly on building our momentum for the current season. You don’t win races by looking backwards. That said, we might have a bit of cake to mark the occasion, or a pastie from Greggs!”

Qualifying at Donington Park takes place on Saturday at 15:35 and on Sunday, the first of three BTCC races will be broadcast live and in high definition on ITV4 from 10:30.

Make sure you follow MG on Twitter and Facebook for information across the weekend, with all the latest news published on mg.co.uk.
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:40 pm

Press release:

17th Apr 2015
    The grand unveiling of the new MG6
    The brand new and improved MG6 will be going on display to the public for the first time this weekend as part of the Pride of Longbridge.
    The annual event, which takes place at Cofton Park in Longbridge, sees thousands of people come together to celebrate the historic output of the iconic Longbridge factory in Birmingham.
    The latest vehicle to come off the production line at Longbridge, home to Minis, Metros and Rovers, is the new MG6. First launched in 2011, the new and improved model has undergone a transformation both inside and out. Those attending the Pride of Longbridge event on Saturday 18 April will have the chance to take a look around the new car and see the changes for themselves.
    While the main event will take place in the park, those interested in seeing the new MG6 should head to the MG Motor UK Sales Centre. Staff will be on hand to show people round the car and provide information to those looking to purchase the most recent car to join the pride of Longbridge.
    Those looking for products to protect their existing MG3 and MG6 will be pleased to find protection packs at a reduced rate this weekend:

• Pack A (MG3) will consist of: a set of carpet floor mats, touch up pen, rigid boot liner and dash stowage rubber mat set for £85 (normally £103 when ordered separately)
    • Pack B (MG6) will consist of: a set of carpet floor mats, touch up pen and rigid boot liner for £89 (normally £102 when ordered separately).

If interested, call Isabel (0121 251 6530) or David (0121 251 6534) to place your order.
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:42 pm

Press release:

18th Apr 2015
    Jordan Qualifies Fifth At Donington
    The MG6 of Andrew Jordan will start race one of tomorrow's Dunlop MSA Official Touting Car Championship (BTCC) at Donington Park from fifth on the grid. 
    The 2013 champion set a lap time of 1:10.029, which was 0.546 seconds off the pace of the eventual pole sitter, Colin Turkington. 
    Jack Goff, whose car had maximum success ballast applied after his success at Brands Hatch last time out, qualifyied back in 13th place, 0.845 seconds off the lead pace, but posted the exact same time as Rob Austin in 12th. 
    Race one gets under way at 11.32 on Sunday morning with live coverage on ITV4. Race two follows at 14.27 and the final race of the day takes place at 17.17. MG will have updates on Facebook and Twitter.
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:14 am

Press Release:

19th Apr 2015
    Maiden MG Podium For Jordan At Donington Park
    Andrew Jordan earned his first podium for MG after an enthralling third Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship (BTCC) race at Donington Park this afternoon.
    The 2013 champion finished race three in second position to back up his pair of fourths in the first two races of the day.
    Jack Goff suffered a more frustrating day but still managed point-scoring finishes in the first two races before seeing his third race finish early following a collision with Sam Tordoff.
    Following Saturday's qualifying, Jordan started race one from fifth and moved up to fourth off the start line. An entertaining initial battle with Colin Turkington followed but he couldn't find a way passed to earn a first podium of the year.
    Goff, who started the race in 13th, battled his way through the pack and could easily have settled for eighth but took the fight right to the wire and passed Rob Collard right at the death to take a well-deserved seventh place.
    Jordan and Goff both jumped a place from the start in race two and as Turkington and Gordon Sheddon battled for the lead on lap three, an opportunist Jordan capitalised to take second from the Honda. But following a safety car on lap four, the Jordan was unable to challenge Turkington and was later overtaken by Matt Neal and then Adam Morgan forcing him back for a second a fourth of the day.
    Goff continued his race one form early on in race two with some superb overtaking moves but an attempted pass on Sheddon on lap 13 cost him dearly. He was forced wide, lost momentum and subsequently lost positions, resulting in him crossing the line in eighth.
    The final race of the day was the most action packed of the day with both MGs in the wars somewhat.
    After a slightly unkind reverse grid, Goff remained eighth for the start of race three after car seven was chosen for pole while Jordan remained fourth.
    Both drivers were involved in incidents that cost them places early on, but it was Goff's race that came to an early end. An incident with Tordoff on lap seven saw both cars end up in the barrier.
    A clip from Neil on Jordan's MG6 set him back after the former champion had worked his way into third. Jordan remained defiant though and successfully fought his way back up. A battle up front between Aaron Smith and Josh Cook saw Jordan benefit before he successful navigated his way beyond Collard to earn a place on the second step of the podium.
    The MG YouTube channel will have highlights of all three races from Donington Park from Thursday. The MG Triple Eight team travel to Thruxton in three weeks time (9/10 May) for rounds 7, 8 and 9 of the championship.
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Mon May 11, 2015 2:39 pm

http://mg.co.uk/news/2015/04/22/customers-put-mg-in-the-top-ten-for-the-second-year-in-the-driver-power-survey/

22nd Apr 2015
    Customers put MG in the top ten for the second year in the Driver Power survey
    The MG3 is riding high in this year’s Driver Power customer satisfaction survey after British motorists voted it the tenth best car to own.
    Off the back of last year’s success, which saw the MG6 awarded ‘best handling’ and MG voted as third best manufacturer, the iconic British brand has done it again and proven its well deserved place on the road.
    The Driver Power survey, from the UK’s biggest selling weekly automotive magazine Auto Express, asked the public ‘which is the best car to own?’. More than 61,000 people responded, providing feedback on reliability through to boot space.
    Out of 200 cars, the MG3 was voted overall tenth ‘best car to own’ by customers. In the categories, the MG6, despite losing its first place crown for ‘best handling’, fought off 196 other models and found itself amongst the prestigious Porsche 911, Porsche Boxster and Subaru Impreza.
    Matthew Cheyne, MG’s Head of Marketing, said: “We are thrilled to see that once again our customers have praised MG in the Driver Power survey. The support from our customers is greatly valued and we are continuing to go from strength to strength.
    “We are really pleased to see that the MG3 and MG6 have performed so well. We expect that with the recent launch of the new MG6, which has already received rave reviews from the media, it will be loved by the customers too and we’ll be celebrating another success in 2016.”
    The new MG6 starts from £13,995 and the MG3 starts from £8,399.
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Mon May 11, 2015 2:42 pm

http://mg.co.uk/news/2015/04/29/mg-calls-for-more-dealerships-to-join-the-iconic-brand-after-securing-fourth-best-manufacturer/

29th Apr 2015
    MG calls for more dealerships to join the iconic brand after securing fourth best manufacturer
    MG Motor UK has done it again and found itself in the top five for best car manufacturer for the second year running.
    More than 61,000 motorists had their say on what they thought the best cars to own were in the Auto Express Driver Power Satisfaction Survey. Last week MG celebrated scoring highly for road handling, practicality and seat comfort and this week is no exception.
    Whilst MG is down a place in the makers’ chart, the overall score has been improved from other high scores, including running costs, ride quality and in-car technology; which nudged the marque closer to 90 per cent.
    MG is also celebrating being one of only two brands in Auto Express’s rankings to rate inside the top half for every category. Only three of the scores were outside the top 10; which is an incredible achievement.
    Auto Express said: “It’s hard to see how the company can improve, so the message is keep doing what it’s doing as owners can’t get enough of its cars.”
    As MG Motor UK goes from strength to strength, it is calling for more prospective dealers to join the iconic brand and work closely with dealer partners.
    Matthew Cheyne, Head of Marketing for MG, said: “We’re looking for more dealers to join us and become part of our growing brand. Any dealers that join us will benefit from the low start-up and running costs, as well as a close relationship throughout. Often manufacturers can have complicated and demanding start-ups and very strict franchise requirements, but we aim to make the process easy and stress free for those that join us.  We believe in partnerships with our franchises and listen to what they have to say.
    “We couldn’t be happier that our customers are placing us so highly, and ahead of many luxury and premium rivals. By becoming part of the MG franchise, you are joining a reputable brand that is fully supported and loved by the public.”
    Those interested in becoming a dealer can find more information on the website here or by contacting David Martin on 07847 445 771 or Dave Jackson on 07889 003 532.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 12:25 am