MGUK

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
preetoo
patpending
Windy
7 posters

MG ZS to make its return at the Shanghai Auto Show

skyblueads
    skyblueads

Number of posts : 96
    Registration date : 2009-02-10

MG ZS to make its return at the Shanghai Auto Show - Page 2 Empty Re: MG ZS to make its return at the Shanghai Auto Show

Post by skyblueads Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:30 pm

Ah, thanks Windy. Oh, and feel free to swing over to XPF and back me up in the MG 6 thread!
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Number of posts : 3322
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

MG ZS to make its return at the Shanghai Auto Show - Page 2 Empty Re: MG ZS to make its return at the Shanghai Auto Show

Post by Windy Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:54 pm

skyblueads wrote:Ah, thanks Windy. Oh, and feel free to swing over to XPF and back me up in the MG 6 thread!
    "Why be so negative with just a few hours left before we see the first new MG in years? Can't we just be pleased to finally see some new metal?"

Well I hope we do see it in "just a few hours", but tomorrow is press day, they will take pictures to print in the following days papers, they will want to sell that printed press before posting the same pictures on the internet, we may need to wait until the public are let in - Tuesday afternoon Wink

However that countdown clock will reach zero...
    patpending
    patpending

Number of posts : 3005
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

Post by patpending Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:16 pm

well, it's certainly got the famous "Red Arrows" blue car in it (note wheelarch treatment): Wink

MG ZS to make its return at the Shanghai Auto Show - Page 2 Id8Z0qkXfC9131

Mind you, search for MG5 and you find Japanese skinnu care-u products in apparent TF driver adverts Wink (along with portable dishwashers in vibrant orange and tracked crawler tractors!) Wink (I couldn't have made that up!) Laughing

skyblueads wrote:Ah, thanks Windy. Oh, and feel free to swing over to XPF and back me up in the MG 6 thread!
    in the meantime, users of mg-rover.org are talking about "the dark side" meaning a MINI forum, I think...

Tomorrow is the most significant MG launch since the Zeds!!! And here are the MG fans acting like the Popular Front of Judea Owners' Club...or should that be Car Club... Wink

Windy wrote:
    skyblueads wrote:Ah, thanks Windy. Oh, and feel free
    to swing over to XPF and back me up in the MG 6 thread!
    "Why be so negative with just a few hours left before we see the first new
    MG in years? Can't we just be pleased to finally see some new metal?"

Well I hope we do see it in "just a few hours", but tomorrow is press day,
    they will take pictures to print in the following days papers, they
    will want to sell that printed press before posting the same pictures
    on the internet, we may need to wait until the public are let in -
    Tuesday afternoon Wink

However that countdown clock will reach zero...
    When do the Chinese papes hit the street ...or the net? 2pm Shanghai time = 7am UK time?

Last edited by patpending on Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
    skyblueads
    skyblueads

Post by skyblueads Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:39 pm

Well the countdown clock is around the 14 hour mark, so hopefully it'll be out nice and early. I've been fighting a losing battle on the other forums, with all the negativity floating about.

Back to the ZS I too noticed it wasn't the red arrows car. Is there any chance the N1 is a ZS underneath?
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:46 pm

skyblueads wrote:...Back to the ZS I too noticed it wasn't the red arrows car. Is there any chance the N1 is a ZS underneath?
    well the MG5 in those photos is the same one...though there's no car show glamour model and no red arrows...
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:55 pm

patpending wrote:When do the Chinese papes hit the street ...or the net? 2pm Shanghai time = 7am UK time?
    For some of these shows it takes ages for the pictures to arrive on the internet but I guess for the Shanghai Show someone will jump the gun...

I thought of backing you up Ads, but sometimes there is no way of winning an argument!
    skyblueads
    skyblueads

Post by skyblueads Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:00 pm

True, I'm not even trying to win an argument though, I'm just trying to talk about the new car and the future of MG, some are just obsessed with the events of 2005! Still, sod all that, here's to the new cars!

Ah yes, I see the wheelarch trim is missing now! D'oh!
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Sat May 02, 2009 3:04 am

Going back to this: it never happened, did it?
    streetrover
    streetrover

Number of posts : 24

Post by streetrover Tue May 05, 2009 4:34 am

Depends on what you consider the N1 to be...
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Tue May 05, 2009 5:40 am

streetrover wrote:Depends on what you consider the N1 to be...
    good point, Batman.

I never asked how long the N1 is, either!
    streetrover
    streetrover

Number of posts : 24

Post by streetrover Wed May 06, 2009 12:19 pm

patpending wrote:I never asked how long the N1 is, either!
    The one in Ireland or the one in France?
    Is there a shorter A1 than the one in the IOM?
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Wed May 06, 2009 2:22 pm

streetrover wrote:
    patpending wrote:I never asked how long the N1 is, either!
    The one in Ireland or the one in France?
    Is there a shorter A1 than the one in the IOM?
    Are you suggesting that a D901 version will be launched for the French market so the drivers can go via Beauvais rather than Amiens? Wink

I expect there must have been a T16 in the Republic of Ireland in the seventies...or do I mean a 620? (There is an A620 in the Saarland...)
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:54 am

patpending wrote:Going back to this: it never happened, did it?
    Well there is a nice article about it on CCT today:

roewe-350-launches-next-year

This particular car has been codenamed the AP11 project, and is being worked on by both MG and SAIC. Plans for the 350/AP11 are plentiful with both four door sedans, the AP12 will be a 5 door hatch, and the AP13 will be a small SUV, and the final car on this platform will be the AP14, an estate/wagon. auto.sohu.com are reporting that the 350 is riding on a heavily modified Rover 45 platform, which in turn was a much older Honda Civic platform.
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:35 pm

The production lines are now complete and during testing on August 25 reached a production rate of 25 cars per hour. Preperations are now underway for the launch, probably at the Guangzhou Auto Show in November.

For more information on the N1 concept car see: N1 Progress Update

Last edited by Windy on Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
    docjunior2008
    docjunior2008

Number of posts : 142
    Registration date : 2009-04-05

Post by docjunior2008 Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:39 pm

I'm not really that clued up on Production, but is that good? Dead excited for the future of MG in China and in the UK. Any ideas on what the new car will be called when it arrives in Britain? Great news that the launch is (hopefully) in November Smile
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:47 pm

docjunior2008 wrote:I'm not really that clued up on Production, but is that good? Dead excited for the future of MG in China and in the UK. Any ideas on what the new car will be called when it arrives in Britain? Great news that the launch is (hopefully) in November Smile
    25 * 24 * 31 = 18,600 cars per month, or 220,000 per year ... If they can sell that many then their "benchmark project" will have been a success!

It will be the Roewe 350 to start with, but in the past has always been refered to as MG5. It will be confusing if the hatch is called the MG5 and the saloon the MG 350! - Have to wait and see, the marketing department have not been working on it for long...
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:00 am

First "spy" shots from SAIC:

MG ZS to make its return at the Shanghai Auto Show - Page 2 20090907_13ef4a4eccc56c948cd7aqJzqmtDSx11

MG ZS to make its return at the Shanghai Auto Show - Page 2 20090907_40ebe1895c0f9f7a63edMtfD9C6t3WEF

MG ZS to make its return at the Shanghai Auto Show - Page 2 20090907_c672d6f679da2b3c55edaBV4aiq2fFUY
    docjunior2008
    docjunior2008

Post by docjunior2008 Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:50 am

Can't to see this car in the flesh! What will this car be revealed? What will it be called? Roewe N1 or was that just a concept name?
    The future loooks bright for MG and Roewe in China (and hopefully in Europe, if Longbridge Production is announced!) Smile
    Long live MG!
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:11 am

docjunior2008 wrote:Can't to see this car in the flesh! What will this car be revealed? What will it be called? Roewe N1 or was that just a concept name?
    The future loooks bright for MG and Roewe in China (and hopefully in Europe, if Longbridge Production is announced!) Smile
    Long live MG!
    The first production version will be the Roewe 350 but there are saloon, hatch, SUV and tourer versions in the pipeline and of course we will expect an MG of some sort before long.

I'm still expecting the Roewe 350 to be reveiled on 23rd November and made available, initially in small numbers, from the end of January.

As for Longbridge production, we are still waiting for the announcement, or even the announcement of the announcement for anything other than the TF - patience is required...
    docjunior2008
    docjunior2008

Post by docjunior2008 Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:13 am

Windy wrote:
    docjunior2008 wrote:Can't to see this car in the flesh! What will this car be revealed? What will it be called? Roewe N1 or was that just a concept name?
    Long live MG!
    The first production version will be the Roewe 350 but there are saloon, hatch, SUV and tourer versions in the pipeline and of course we will expect an MG of some sort before long.

I'm still expecting the Roewe 350 to be reveiled on 23rd November and made available, initially in small numbers, from the end of January.

As for Longbridge production, we are still waiting for the announcement, or even the announcement of the announcement for anything other than the TF - patience is required...
    I've heard lots of rumours across the web, that MG are either going to close Longbridge or concentrate on R&D and EU Storage at the site. I do hope that they either build the MG6/Roewe 550 (EU Version) there or announce that there is going to be a (finally) a replacement for the ageing MG TF. Was there actually any MG TF 85th Anniversary Editions made? Also, the TF135, wasn't it supposed to be made to specifications ordered by Customers? If you could clear this up for me, or try to, then that would be great Smile
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:14 am

docjunior2008 wrote:I've heard lots of rumours across the web, that MG are either going to close Longbridge or concentrate on R&D and EU Storage at the site. I do hope that they either build the MG6/Roewe 550 (EU Version) there or announce that there is going to be a (finally) a replacement for the ageing MG TF. Was there actually any MG TF 85th Anniversary Editions made? Also, the TF135, wasn't it supposed to be made to specifications ordered by Customers? If you could clear this up for me, or try to, then that would be great Smile
    Maybe what you have heard are not rumours but speculation?

No announcement can be made until a decission is made, until then everything is speculation!

I though the TF135 was to be a standard car, although I think I do remember that the first few customers would get an impoved specification?
    Anyway, what matters is that people buying it seem very happy with it Smile

Image from: http://forums.xpowerforums.com/showpost.php?p=602611&postcount=12

MG ZS to make its return at the Shanghai Auto Show - Page 2 3859625137_59815e60fb_o
    docjunior2008
    docjunior2008

Post by docjunior2008 Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:22 am

I think the new TF looks amazing in that Polar White colour (or whatever MG UK call it)
    So, was there an options list with the 135, because I seem to think that I saw an options list in the brochure that I received with a letter from the MG Chairman.
    Best Wishes.
    Doc
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:51 am

Without checking, I guess all the options are dealer supplied/fitted rather than factory fitted?
    They can't be fitted on the production line any more since production has ceased for the rest of the year. Presumably the workers are busy doing something else!

Maybe it is Glacier White given what is in the background Laughing
    docjunior2008
    docjunior2008

Post by docjunior2008 Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:07 pm

Oh right, I didn't realise that was the case with MG. I thought they would add the options on within the factory. Its good to be proved wrong, once in a while.
    It was good to see the MG Longbridge Factory on the news with regards to the P4. Shame they didn't get some free advertising for the TF and stand some models outside of the Q Gate.
    Regards
    Doc
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:19 pm

Options have always been dealer fit where possible, eg hardtop.
    Some options do have to be factory fit, like special paint colours and aircon. However they will normally make a guess at how many of each combination are required.
    On the Z cars, it was only the "Monogram" options that where produced to order as they often made the cars unique.
    docjunior2008
    docjunior2008

Post by docjunior2008 Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:23 pm

docjunior2008 wrote:Oh right, I didn't realise that was the case with MG. I thought they would add the options on within the factory. Its good to be proved wrong, once in a while.
    It was good to see the MG Longbridge Factory on the news with regards to the P4. Shame they didn't get some free advertising for the TF and stand some models outside of the Q Gate.
    Regards
    Doc
    Thanks for clearing that up.
    When the MG6 is launched in the UK, do you reckon that MG will name the car after the ZS, ZT, etc or go for the 6?
    Can't wait till we hear an announcement on production, etc and they will final have a focus for the Longbridge Plant? They do have a 33 Year Lease for the factory, but don't they have interim periods where they can pull out?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:56 am