MGUK

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
snifferdog1
Podders
simcor
Morris Motors
adaveabbott
Dorset Rocket
Dynamo
Steven211
Jerry Zedman
Roverman
mckenzie1971
Wasequiped
docjunior2008
MartinZT
BurnleyRover
ZTsteve
DillTheDog
DougN
richardk
skyblueads
dentricrio
Perkins
Windy
27 posters

News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd

richardk
    richardk

Number of posts : 935
    Registration date : 2009-02-06

News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 7 Empty MG6 and Zero Star at MPH

Post by richardk Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:42 am

http://www.mgmotor.co.uk/news-events/news/mg6-and-zero-star-at-mph/

MG6 and Zero Star at MPH

• News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 7 Sendimage.php?path=8253.bf598ad2.jpg&mode=octagon&height=150&width=150

The annual MPH shows featuring Top Gear Live opened in London last night.
    The show features the worlds most famous brands and exotic cars. MG stand took centre stage in the middle of the show with two all new MGs on display for the first time in Europe.
    The UK specification MG6 is the production version of the first all new MG for 15 years and will go on sale in the first quarter next year. Concept Zero shows the design direction for smaller MGs to follow MG6.
    Before the doors opened to the public, the MG Motor held an exclusive press conference hosted by Guy Jones, Sales & Marketing director for MG Motor and Tony Williams-Kenny, MG Design Director.
    Both press and public were excited by the MG6 offering such high quality with style and space at prices starting from around £16,000. The reaction to Concept Zero was simply when can we have it!
    The show runs at the Earl’s Court exhibition centre until Sunday 7th November and then next week from the 11th – 14th at the NEC in Birmingham – why not come and see us at the show and take the chance to be one of the first people to get a close look at the fantastic next generation of British designed and engineered MG’s.
    For those who can’t make it to the show, we will be posting regular updates on our facebook page – find us at www.facebook.com/mgmotor
    Become a fan on Facebook: facebook.com/mgmotor
    Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/mgmotor

richardk
    richardk

News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 7 Empty The Life of an Apprentice – No 2’

Post by richardk Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:23 am

http://www.mgmotor.co.uk/news-events/news/the-life-of-an-apprentice-no-2/

The Life of an Apprentice – No 2’

• News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 7 Sendimage.php?path=8254.bdb2cb3f.jpg&mode=octagon&height=150&width=150

It’s been a few months now since I last posted on the website and everyone’s been keeping me really busy. On my update I stated that I was going to give a presentation in front of Senior Management about some of our MG dealerships. I managed to deliver a successful presentation and they all seemed to enjoy it, as well as giving me constructive feedback which will help me improve in the future.
    During September and October I’ve been working in Technical Services, helping them produce various documents which will all go towards the launch of the all new MG6. I feel Technical Services has been the most interesting part of my apprenticeship experience so far and they have certainly kept me busy!
    Last month I also managed to successfully achieve my NVQ Level 2 in Business Administration. It’s taken me 6 months to complete and I am now focusing on completing my NVQ Level 3.
    At the minute the office is extremely busy with MPH – Top Gear Live which is being held at Earl’s Court in London and the NEC in Birmingham. I will be working at the Birmingham Show so don’t be afraid to come up and ask me something about MG6 or even the MG Zero concept.
    I have also been busy doing various interviews for local papers about me being the first apprentice at MG Motor UK Limited which is quiet overwhelming. Amongst others, I have featured in the Express and Star and The China Car Times which is a popular motoring newspaper in China.
    Last week was the official MG Bonfire Night where employees and their families come to enjoy live music, food and of course fireworks! I was cooking hotdogs all night. It was a good experience for me as well as all the people who turned up as they had the chance to see the new MG6 full UK specification for the first time.
    I hope to catch you at MPH – Top Gear Live at the NEC in Birmingham and I will post more regular updates on the official MG Motor UK Limited website.

richardk
    richardk

News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 7 Empty Skills at MG Birmingham Important to New ‘Cleaner’ Cars

Post by richardk Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:27 am

http://www.mgmotor.co.uk/news-events/news/skills-at-mg-birmingham-important-to-new--cleaner-/

Skills at MG Birmingham Important to New ‘Cleaner’ Cars

• News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 7 Sendimage.php?path=8258.e1ed0db7.jpg&mode=octagon&height=150&width=150

Engineers at MG’s Birmingham site are playing an important role in developing advanced engines and gearboxes in a ground-breaking agreement between SAIC and GM.
    The skills of the Birmingham experts are helping to develop an entirely new generation of power trains that will be considerably cleaner and more efficient than conventional technology.
    It is seen as a major advance between two of the world’s biggest automotive companies. SAIC Motor, MG Motor UK’s parent company, is the largest automotive company in China - which is now the largest car market in the world. GM is one of the largest US-based automotive giants.
    Nearly 300 professional engineers work at SAIC’s Technical centre at the MG Birmingham site.
    The new engines and transmissions are expected to reduce fuel consumption by more than 20 per cent and lower carbon emissions by even more.
    Among the projects, SAIC and GM will jointly develop a new 1-litre to 1.5-litre family of compact, lightweight, turbocharged engines with in-cylinder direct fuel injection. The new gearboxes will feature dry, dual clutch technology.
    Development of the new power trains will also be carried out in Shanghai and Detroit. The work will be fully integrated between SAIC and GM to save time and money and the companies will share the intellectual property rights at a global level.
    William Wang, Managing Director of MG Motor UK, said: “This is a significant joint agreement and we are very proud that the expertise and skills of people here will play a key role in it.”
    Ends

richardk
    richardk

News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 7 Empty Rescue Hovercraft Fitted with New MG Engine

Post by richardk Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:28 am

http://www.mgmotor.co.uk/news-events/news/rescue-hovercraft-fitted-with-new-mg-engine/

Rescue Hovercraft Fitted with New MG Engine

• News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 7 Sendimage.php?path=8257.01645a6d.jpg&mode=octagon&height=150&width=150

Engineers have now fitted a new MG engine to Burnham-on-Sea’s rescue hovercraft, the Spirit of Lelaina.
    Earlier this year you may recall we carried the story of the rescue hovercraft which made headlines when Neil Butler, a chief engineer from the MG Birmingham site, spotted that the hard working craft needed a new engine.
    He worked out that an engine from the TF would be an ideal fit. It gives the craft a 40 knot capability. Neil, who works at the SAIC Technical Centre at the MG site, has given many hours of his own time to help the charity behind the live-saving craft.
    SAIC is the parent company of MG Motor UK.

Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Number of posts : 3322
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 7 Empty Re: News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd

Post by Windy Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:29 pm

40 knots is quite fast, even for a hovercraft!

Nice tow car and colour match:
    News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 7 Sendimage.php?path=8257.01645a6d

Did the hovercraft get a new matching coat of paint?
    richardk
    richardk

Post by richardk Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:17 pm

Looks like a matching coat indeed...how funky...not sure an MG TF is the best winter towing car
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:27 pm

It has excellent visibility for reversing the trailer Very Happy
    richardk
    richardk

News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 7 Empty Guy Jones interview on Jeff Randall Show, on Sky tonight

Post by richardk Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:02 am

http://www.mgmotor.co.uk/news-events/news/guy-jones-interview-on-jeff-randall-show-on-sky-to/

Guy Jones interview on Jeff Randall Show, on Sky tonight

• News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 7 Sendimage.php?path=8260.3ac2a87a.jpg&mode=octagon&height=150&width=150

Tonight, November 30th, MG Motor UK Sales & Marketing Director, Guy Jones will appear on ‘Jeff Randall Live’ on the Sky News Channel (Sky Digital channel 501, Freeview channel 82) to discuss the return of MG to the UK market.
    ‘Jeff Randall Live’ is broadcast every Monday to Thursday between 7pm and 8pm. Mr Randall is an award winning business journalist and every day hosts eminent figures from the commercial world to discuss topical issues of the day. We are delighted that Guy has been invited to talk to Jeff about the MG Motor business – what they have described as ‘the untold story.’
    Guy will have a five minute, one to one chat with Jeff during tonight’s programme and will be taking the opportunity to talk about the forthcoming launch of the MG6, all the work that has gone in to bringing an all new vehicle to market and the part that this plays in the reintroduction of the much loved MG brand. Guy will explain how the new generation of MG cars are designed and engineered in Birmingham and answers Jeff’s questions about the launch and the future of the brand.
    The programme begins at 7pm and we expect that Guy will appear during the first half of the show although, as is always the case with live television, the running order may be subject to change.
    Being asked to appear on this prestigious show is just another indication of the huge interest in the MG brand and this will no doubt be further increased by the additional publicity that Guy’s appearance will generate.
    Ends
    docjunior2008
    docjunior2008

Number of posts : 142
    Registration date : 2009-04-05

Post by docjunior2008 Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:18 am

Gutted I missed it last night Sad
    skyblueads
    skyblueads

Number of posts : 96
    Registration date : 2009-02-10

Post by skyblueads Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:57 pm

I believe MG are talking to Sky about getting it hosted online.
    docjunior2008
    docjunior2008

Number of posts : 142
    Registration date : 2009-04-05

Post by docjunior2008 Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:31 am

skyblueads wrote:I believe MG are talking to Sky about getting it hosted online.

Excellent news! Very Happy
    richardk
    richardk

News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 7 Empty Vacancies at MG

Post by richardk Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:24 am

A new link on the MG website for job vacancies
    http://www.mgmotor.co.uk/about-us/recruitment/

Recruitment

The revitalisation of the MG brand

We are looking to create a working environment that will appeal to self motivated, personally ambitious men and women who will appreciate joining a company at its earliest stages of growth and opportunity.
    All of the successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the ability to work on their own and as part of the team, be fully flexible and competent in their own ares of expertise and be willing to learn new skills as part of their development.
    All roles attract competitive salaries and pension contribution.
    Send us your details if you would like to us to keep your CV on file. We'll contact you if a vacancy that matches your experience becomes available.

richardk
    richardk

News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 7 Empty Put your questions to Guy Jones

Post by richardk Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:05 am

http://www.mgmotor.co.uk/news-events/news/put-your-questions-to-guy-jones/

Put your questions to Guy Jones

• News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 7 Sendimage.php?path=8262.c79923ac.jpg&mode=octagon&height=150&width=150

Following his recent appearance on the Jeff Randle show, Guy Jones is to be interviewed again on Monday but this time there is a bit of a twist! In the first of MG Motor’s new Live and Online sessions our Sales & Marketing Director will be logging on to our facebook site at 14.30 pm on Monday 20th December to answer questions posed by fans of the page.
    If you already follow us on facebook, you can post your question in advance and Guy will answer as many as possible on the day. If you have yet to join our facebook group, simply go to www.facebook.com/mgmotor and ‘like’ the page to join in. Setting up a facebook account is easy, all you need is a current e-mail address and then you can add as much or as little information as you want. We’d love to hear from you and Guy is looking forward to answering your questions.

richardk
    richardk

News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 7 Empty News

Post by richardk Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:43 pm

Ha fooled you..you thought there was some didn't you?...well looks like Tuesday is big hot news day!
    patpending
    patpending

Number of posts : 3005
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

Post by patpending Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:37 am

richardk wrote:Ha fooled you..you thought there was some didn't you?...well looks like Tuesday is big hot news day!
    well, you got me...
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:00 am

richardk wrote:Ha fooled you..you thought there was some didn't you?...well looks like Tuesday is big hot news day!

"Put your questions to Guy Jones by richardk on Fri 17 Dec 2010 - 19:05"

Is it really that long since MG Motor UK gave us some news Exclamation Shocked

There is has not been much from China either just recently, but then they have been on their new year holidays.
    skyblueads
    skyblueads

Number of posts : 96
    Registration date : 2009-02-10

Post by skyblueads Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:35 am

I am at Longbridge for the press briefing tomorrow. I will try and post up the info as I get it-obviously my written commitments take a precedent, but if I can help you chaps out, I will do. Wink
    richardk
    richardk

Post by richardk Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:16 pm

skyblueads wrote:I am at Longbridge for the press briefing tomorrow. I will try and post up the info as I get it-obviously my written commitments take a precedent, but if I can help you chaps out, I will do. Wink

Much appreciated!!!
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:52 pm

MG unveiled

As well as unveiling the new MG corporate identity to the media, MG took the opportunity to explain more about our plans for the coming year. With the MG6 fastback about to launch, this was the first opportunity for the assembled guests to view the MG6 Saloon, which has been brought forward following exceptional reviews at customer clinics. The car will now debut in the summer.

Guy Jones, MG Motor Sales & Marketing Director, went on to appear on the BBC’s Midlands Today programme, confirming that MG6’s launch will be underpinned by a multi-channel media campaign, including the first MG television advertisements since 2004.

The media gathered at MG Birmingham on 15th February to see the unveiling of our new Corporate Identity. Since MG unveiled new imagery and branding in China last year, MG Motor UK has been asked whether we’d be following suit.

Over the last 86 years, the MG badge has been an iconic representation of the brand - and we want it to stay that way. The latest treatment of the badge differs from the Chinese version and will be used exclusively in Europe. It brings the logo right up to date, while still staying true to the overall design that, for generations, has been recognised across the world as a symbol of stylish, sporty British cars.

Guy Jones, Marketing Director of MG Motor UK explained to assembled journalists how the new logo will fit in with our business plan for 2011. In particular, he highlighted how re-launching the brand represents the first of a series of events that will celebrate the arrival of the MG6, the first all-new MG in 16 years

MG 6 Insurance group

We are currently in the process of gaining all the necessary formal accreditations and undergoing the official testing that will enable us to publish the final MG6 specification on the web and in our full brochure.

One piece of information that has already been released is the Insurance Group ratings for the car - and what great reading they make! The MG6 has been classified in groups 13 and 14, which is seven groups lower than cars such as the Skoda Octavia 1.8 litre petrol. This is testament to the huge work that has gone into the security features of the car, as well as the pricing that’s been achieved on what are commonly described as ‘crash parts’ - a huge driver in insurance industry decision making.

richardk
    richardk

News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 7 Empty Institution of Mechanical Engineers - Visit

Post by richardk Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:02 pm

http://www.mgmotor.co.uk/news.html#/?page=NEWS_INTRODUCING_MG6_IMECHE

Last week MG Birmingham warmly welcomed members of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers to introduce the new MG6.

The MG6 was designed and engineered at the UK technical centre at MG Birmingham.

The day included presentations from Guy Jones, Sales and Marketing Director at MG, who introduced the new MG6 and discussed future plans for MG and Stephen Garside, Director of Advanced Engineering at MG, who gave an insight to the engineering, manufacturing, and logistics involved in resuming production of the famous MG brand.

Neil Cooper, Secretary for the Birmingham Centre of the Institution’s Automobile Division said:

“The technical and marketing presentations were very informative and included plenty of detail on the new MG6 and future plans for MG. We would be delighted to return for future presentations as MG’s plans unfold.”

Over 80 delegates attended on the day, which was well above the average of 40 to 50 delegates that is the norm for these events. This demonstrates the huge level of interest in the MG Birmingham team, their work and the MG brand.

Members had the chance to look around the visitors centre where they could get close up to the new MG6 and have a magnified look at the technical components used within the car. The IMechE members also had the opportunity to get a sneak peek at the new ‘MG Zero Concept’ car.

Last edited by richardk on Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:49 am; edited 1 time in total
    richardk
    richardk

News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 7 Empty Brandscape has successfully won the contract to produce a series of MG6 dealer launch events

Post by richardk Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:40 am

Brandscape has successfully won the contract to produce a series of MG6 dealer launch events
    http://www.mgmotor.co.uk/news.html#/?page=NEWS_LAUNCH_CONTRACT

Brandscape has successfully won the contract to produce a series of MG6 dealer launch events and possible future contracts.

Communicating the exciting new re-launch of the MG brand and new cars in the most innovative and effective way to customers is essential to MG and we believe Brandscape are the company to help achieve that.

The event launching specialists were contracted to create unique event experiences for launching the new MG cars and brand to MG dealers and therefore to their customers across the UK.

Guy Jones, MG Sales and Marketing Director said:

“We chose Brandscape because they provided fresh and original ideas and have the experience and enthusiasm to deliver.”

All last week Brandscape helped MG deliver the MG6 dealer launch events at MG Birmingham. The day-long events commutated MG’s brand values, MG6 features and design process, as well as the opportunity for the dealers to test drive the car and themselves. A series of short videos from TV motoring expert Quentin Willson test driving the MG6 and giving his professional and positive opinion on the car were shown throughout the day.

In March, Brandscape will be working with MG to host a second round of launch events where more people will be putting the MG6 through its paces but in a very different environment.

Ian Mulingani, Brandscape Director said:

“There are very few opportunities in the automotive sector work on what is effectively the relaunch of an iconic brand as well as the launch of a new car. We are delighted to be selected.”

Last edited by richardk on Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:52 am; edited 1 time in total
    Perkins
    Perkins

Number of posts : 44

Post by Perkins Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:19 am

richardk
    richardk

News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 7 Empty MG Goes to Hollywood

Post by richardk Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:53 am

MG goes to Hollywood!
    http://www.mgmotor.co.uk/news.html#/?page=TV_COMMERCIAL

MG is working with Ridley Scott Associates (RSA), the production company belonging to the Oscar winning director (famous for blockbuster films such as Alien, Blade Runner and Gladiator) to produce MG’s first new UK TV commercial in 7 years.

RSA will be producing the commercial under the guidance of MGs London based marketing agency DCH who designed the concept for the commercial as part of a multi-million pound relaunch of the brand in the UK. The advert will play a key role in communicating that the MG brand is back in the UK, with a range of all-new British designed products, developed with the backing of one of the world’s largest automotive businesses.

Keep an eye on the website for more information about the making of the MG6 advert and details about when and how you can catch its UK debut.

Join our Facebook page facebook.com/mgmotor.

Last edited by richardk on Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:55 am; edited 1 time in total
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:39 pm

wonder what the MG ads will focus on? Different? Stand out from the crowd? Heritage? Sporty?
    Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:33 am

patpending wrote:wonder what the MG ads will focus on? Different? Stand out from the crowd? Heritage? Sporty?
    It does say "allowing their creative spirits to run free", which suggests to me that heritage and sporty might not be the main focus and there is no reason to use the same things that are used in China.

I think we will just have to wait and see...
    richardk
    richardk

News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 7 Empty VIP testdrive

Post by richardk Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:08 am

VIP Test Drive
    http://www.mg.co.uk/news-events/latest-news.aspx#/?page=VIP_TESTDRIVE

On behalf of the MG dealers, MG will be hosting a VIP Test Drive for interested customers.

This event will provide potential customers with the chance to test drive the new MG6 Fastback on a private track for half a day, ahead of dealers receiving their first cars.

This exciting event is by Dealer invite only, so if you would like to take part in the VIP Test Drive and be one of the first customers to drive the new MG6 Fastback, please contact your local dealer – but be quick as places are filling up fast!

To find out where your nearest dealer is, please visit: www.mg.co.uk/find-a-dealer.html

Join us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/mgmotor

Last edited by richardk on Thu May 05, 2011 12:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
    richardk
    richardk

News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 7 Empty MG6 Prices announced

Post by richardk Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:46 pm

http://www.mg.co.uk/mg6.html#/?page=PRICING_MG6

S £15,495
    SE £16,995
    TSE £18,995
    richardk
    richardk

News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 7 Empty MG TF recomended tyres

Post by richardk Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:52 am

http://www.mg.co.uk/news-events/latest-news.aspx#/?page=NEWS_MGTF_REC_TYRES

MG are happy to announce new recommended and approved tyres for the MGTF, as an alternative to the GSD2 Good Year tyres.

Where the GSD2 is unavailable, MG Motor recommends either the Falken Ziex ZE912 or the Toyo Proxes TI-R as appropriate. MG Motor has conducted limited testing on these alternatives to the Good Year when fitted as a car set. MG Motor currently has no data on extended tyre wear for these alternatives.

Technical details of tyres tested:-

Front – Falken Ziex 195/45 R16 80V I0123 Extra Load, country of manufacture - Thailand.

Rear - Falken Ziex 215/40 R16 88W I0123 Extra Load, country of manufacture - Thailand.

Front - Toyo Proxes T1-R 195/45 R16 80V PXT1-R-2 ANH3608, country of manufacture - Japan

Rear - Toyo Proxes T1-R 215/40 R16 88W PXT1-R-3 ANH3608, country of manufacture – Japan

Important Information:

MG Motor is committed to supporting the customer, so they gain the most from their car and would advise strongly that tyres should be fitted as a vehicle set.

Once tyres have been balanced and fitted, the car should be checked on a 4-wheel laser alignment machine against the correct data. This will prolong tyre life and ensure that the car is configured to our recommended settings. The advice of a reputable tyre specialist and/or MG Motor Approved dealer should be sought in tyre selection and fitting to suit local conditions and vehicle use.

Mixing tyres across the same axle is not recommended. Mixing tyres front to rear (i.e. having different tyres on the front axle to the rear) is also not recommended. Although the legal minimum tread depth in the UK is 1.6mm across the contact patch, tyre manufacturers will advise that wet grip deteriorates below 3mm. Tyre pressures will be found in the vehicle handbook. 26psi front and 36 psi rear will suit 135s and LE500. 85th Anniversary cars run 30psi front, 36psi rear.

Last edited by richardk on Thu May 05, 2011 12:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
    patpending
    patpending

Post by patpending Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:35 am

richardk wrote:http://www.mg.co.uk/news.html#/?page=NEWS_MGTF_REC_TYRES

MG are happy to announce new recommended and approved tyres for the MGTF, as an alternative to the GSD2 Good Year tyres. Where the GSD2 is unavailable, MG Motor recommends either the Falken Ziex ZE912 or the Toyo Proxes TI-R as appropriate. MG Motor has conducted limited testing on these alternatives to the Good Year when fitted as a car set. MG Motor currently has no data on extended tyre wear for these alternatives.
    Technical details of tyres tested:-
    Front – Falken Ziex 195/45 R16 80V I0123 Extra Load, country of manufacture - Thailand.
    Rear - Falken Ziex 215/40 R16 88W I0123 Extra Load, country of manufacture - Thailand.
    Front - Toyo Proxes T1-R 195/45 R16 80V PXT1-R-2 ANH3608, country of manufacture - Japan
    Rear - Toyo Proxes T1-R 215/40 R16 88W PXT1-R-3 ANH3608, country of manufacture – Japan

Important Information:

MG Motor is committed to supporting the customer, so they gain the most from their car and would advise strongly that tyres should be fitted as a vehicle set.
    Once tyres have been balanced and fitted, the car should be checked on a 4-wheel laser alignment machine against the correct data. This will prolong tyre life and ensure that the car is configured to our recommended settings. The advice of a reputable tyre specialist and/or MG Motor Approved dealer should be sought in tyre selection and fitting to suit local conditions and vehicle use.
    Mixing tyres across the same axle is not recommended. Mixing tyres front to rear (i.e. having different tyres on the front axle to the rear) is also not recommended. Although the legal minimum tread depth in the UK is 1.6mm across the contact patch, tyre manufacturers will advise that wet grip deteriorates below 3mm. Tyre pressures will be found in the vehicle handbook. 26psi front and 36 psi rear will suit 135s and LE500. 85th Anniversary cars run 30psi front, 36psi rear.
    Join us on Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/mgmotor

Good Year? "what's the difference between a car tyre and 365 used condoms? one's a Good Year and one's a very good year? Laughing
    richardk
    richardk

News from MG MOTOR UK Ltd - Page 7 Empty Motoring journalists review the MG6

Post by richardk Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:17 am

http://www.mg.co.uk/news-events/latest-news.aspx#/?page=JOURNALISTS_REVIEW

Two weeks ago we invited the UK’s car press to test drive and review the new MG6, and we’re overjoyed with the positive feedback!

The motoring press were so intrigued with our new car that we had to spread the review over 4 days, each day bringing an array of eager car journalists - hungry to test drive the MG6. Each day started at the home of MG, in Birmingham, with an introduction to the new car from Guy Jones, Sales and Marketing Director and then it was out in the car, testing the cars’ limits on country roads and motorways on a planned route via Leamington Spa.

The specialist motoring journalists included AutoCar, Auto Express, Top Gear and many more. They were able to answer the big question on everyone’s lips, “is the MG6 a ‘real’ MG?” And the answer was:

John Simister from the Independent on Sunday said:

“To drive, the MG6 is thoroughly pleasing. Better than expected? Yes.”

Edward Stephens from the Birmingham Mail said:

“It’s a car which will put a smile on the face of MG enthusiasts.”

Nick Gibbs from Auto Express said:

“The handling and steering impress.”

The team here at MG Birmingham are delighted with the positive and also constructive feedback the MG6 received, and believe the responses will help pave the way for the successful launch of the MG6 and future MG cars.

Last edited by richardk on Thu May 05, 2011 12:01 pm; edited 4 times in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:57 am