MGUK

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
patpending
Windy
Dynamo
7 posters

The acid test

Dynamo
    Dynamo

Number of posts : 77
    Registration date : 2011-04-21

The acid test - Page 2 Empty Re: The acid test

Post by Dynamo Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:43 pm

Roverman wrote:If I was to ever get an MG6 I would be coming from a ZR same as you Dynamo.

Any advice or comments.

I'm not really sure I know what you mean, but here goes. Firstly, its a much bigger car, so you gotta be prepared to drive it a lot differently and also have somewhere to keep it where it will fit. There's loads of bells and whistles on it and I suppose the trick is not to get overawed by them all. Just drive the car basically and find out the little things as you go along. I've driven the car for about 170 miles so far and I think I've got to grips with about 40% of all the gizmo's, and have a fair idea about another 40%, which still leaves about 20% for me to discover how to use correctly.

If your dead set on buying one, get your finance sorted before you go for a test drive. That way you can do the drive and put pen to paper as soon as youve finished it instead of going through loads of rigmaroll getting a loan sorted at the dealers which will probably cost you more anyway. Get it through your bank.

I doubt you'll get much for your ZR as part exchange. I got £1,500 which I thought wasnt too bad for a 7 year old car, and especially since I heard that someone with a 7 year old Rover 25 with less miles on the clock only got £900 for theirs.

I don't know if you've driven one yet, but if you haven't, prepare to be amazed when you get behind the wheel. Its an awesome motor and everyone I've met who has seen mine adores it.
    Dynamo
    Dynamo

Number of posts : 77
    Registration date : 2011-04-21

Post by Dynamo Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:46 pm

Its just five days since I got the car and its already spoiling me rotten. To get to my place of work I have to drive down a private road that is very heavily potholed in places. The MG6 goes down this road as if it was a hovercraft gliding down a newly laid piece of motorway, so smooth is the ride.

When I got to work this evening, I had to get a taxi to my first destination. The taxi was a fairly new Vauxhall Vectra. A car not dissimilar in size to mine. From that point on, the similarities end. Firstly, down the same piece of private road where my car glides along, the ride felt like we were driving over a ploughed field. Even worse though, the ride lasted for about 10 miles and wasn't a pleasant experience at all. Maybe owning an MG6 isn't such a good idea seeing as when have to come back to the real world of motoring, its more like a torture chamber, so maybe ignorance would be a virtue. Laughing

Before I'd got to work though, I'd already had an interesting experience on the major A road I use to get there. Some boy racer decided to take me on in a Peugeot. He overtook me and was slightly ahead at a roundabout and lead me around it. I decided that have a go at seeing what my car could do, without thrashing it too much seeing as it is still in the low mileage. Putting my foot down a little bit I found myself gliding past him at ease when we both accelerated from the roundabout. God knows what would have happened if I'd really slammed my foot to the ground. Very Happy

Windy
    Windy
    Admin

Number of posts : 3322
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Post by Windy Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:03 pm

Dynamo wrote:Maybe owning an MG6 isn't such a good idea seeing as when have to come back to the real world of motoring, its more like a torture chamber, so maybe ignorance would be a virtue. Laughing
    After a while you will start to get used to the MG6 and then excursions into "the real world of motoring" will be welcome as a reminder of how good the MG6 really is Smile

I find the same after driving other cars and then coming back to the MG ZS.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 7:31 pm